Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC deserves to gone bankrupt for being so stupid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Ok, Sure I am venting a bit but I am really speechless over this one, I really feel that AC deserves to go under totally so we can have a new management team that is focus on the customer....
I feel so sorry for the staff who have to put up with this anal directions...

So...

I made a booking LHR-YVR, I decided to make it in Q class cause it was cheap $821.00....However I selpt on it over night and thought I would rather take the gamble to upgrade...

So I called back AC and asked if I could upgrade to H...NO...i will pay you another $600.00 NO...
How fecking anal...how fecking stupid....The AC agent went of to speak to a manager, who said NO.
She said that is was completly stupid, and could not understand why they would not take the extra cash...
She was really sorry....
She explained that the managers have never dealt with customers and that they are just so far out of touch...I had the feeling she was unhappy also.!

How can AC nickel and dime the passengers in every way possible and then refuse to take cash.....
I am so at a loss to understand them sometimes...

Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ferrari:
directions...
I made a booking LHR-YVR, I decided to make it in Q class cause it was cheap $821.00....However I selpt on it over night and thought I would rather take the gamble to upgrade...

So the gamble you really took was to upgrade from Q to H.I am not siding with AC,however,we all know how anal the reservations department can be.
Would calling again make any difference by having a different agent on a different day to a different location?(res centre)

Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:12 am
Original Poster

acysb87

Oh please don't get me wrong, i fully understand that I screwed up.... I am not that bothered as I have an extra $600 dollars to blow in SIN...

I just thought it would be better as I have to fly on to SIN the next day...I got that upgrade and I have no status with UA.!!!

I am just sick as to why the airline is going bust and they are are so ridgid....

Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:24 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

1. H class has a 7 days AP requirement. (based on the dates of the SIN DO, I don't believe you meet this)

2. The Q class specifically state no upfare permitted.

I don't see what they did wrong. Appreciate it when they do favors for you but don't expect it everytime.

The thread title is simply plain harsh and uncalled for IMO especially they have done nothing wrong.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 10-15-2003).]
Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:07 pm

Well the "being stupid" part would be not allowing for an upfare on the Q class fare. Honestly, what good does it do to not accept more money for a higher booking class?
Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
The thread title is simply plain harsh and uncalled for IMO especially they have done nothing wrong.</font>
Yeah, shame on Ferrari for challenging the status quo

I believe most U.S. carriers allow you to upgrade to a higher fare class on international tickets without any change fees.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:42 pm
Suspended

I think it's ridiculous not accept more money for the same product. I would love to sell someone something and have them come back the next day and offer me more $$ for the same thing.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:51 am
Original Poster

The H fare on the LHR route is 4 days advance according to AC SE Desk.

I am not saying that AC did anything wrong, far from it...what I was saying is that they are stupid, or the managers are stupid.

I called them back within 12 hours to try and make a change, and they turned there backs on $600, that is just plain madness..

I was not asking for a favour, I understand favours not to cost money, however I would have not expected them to do it for free...

UA gives you 24 hours on nearly all there tickets to make a change or cancel without penalty....

AC need to give there heads a shake, If it was me I would allow every ticket to be upgradeable for extra money subject to space,...why would you not,?????

It just money for nothing!!!!

[This message has been edited by Ferrari (edited 10-16-2003).]
Old Oct 16, 2003, 5:07 am

Empress pointed out that the advance purchase ( days) of H class was not met. If Empress is correct,this is not an upgrade issue, since H class was no-longer available.

And Air Canada,like many airlines, uses the the advance purchase requirement business model.

So why the criticism of this specific issue?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 11:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">1. H class has a 7 days AP requirement.</font>
Several H fares on LHR-YVR are walk-up fares, with no advance purchase requirement.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">UA gives you 24 hours on nearly all there tickets to make a change or cancel without penalty</font>
Only tickets booked on united.COM, which means you must have a US address. Tickets booked on united.CA do not qualify for the 24-hour cancellation policy.

Is paying the change fee an option, to cancel the ticket and apply the remaining value towards a new ticket?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 11:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
[b] Only tickets booked on united.COM, which means you must have a US address. Tickets booked on united.CA do not qualify for the 24-hour cancellation policy.
</font>
Actually I buy ALL my United tickets on united.com and have had no issues, plus I have used the 24 hour cancellation period a number of times to change routings etc.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Is paying the change fee an option, to cancel the ticket and apply the remaining value towards a new ticket?</font>
I tried that but the ticket was non ref, so it was use it or lose it...
I offered to pay a change fee...

ah well ....
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I know for a fact that AS and NW give 24 hours regardless of whether you buy by phone or internet.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
The same goes for US Airways.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 1:19 pm
Suspended

UA also gives you 24 hours to cancel / change if you book via phone instead of over the internet.

------------------
Friends don't let friends fly Air Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.