Search

SQ to fly n/s from SIN-USA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:34 am
Original Poster

SQ to fly n/s from SIN-USA

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/031015/airli...irlines_1.html
Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:49 am

wow, that looks amazing.. i had a friend who just did YVR-ICN on SQ, and loved every minute of it.

I've done 3 SQ legs so far on my *A RTW (I'm in ICN right now) and its been the best experience so far..!
Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:17 am

Someone needs to explain the concept of Mileage runs to SQ....

We do those runs for the miles not the speed.!
Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:19 am

actually....

The people that pay the full J and F will take these and leave the MR flight to us, opening up more J seats...

sweet......
Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrari:
actually....

The people that pay the full J and F will take these and leave the MR flight to us, opening up more J seats...

sweet......
</font>
...except no F on this route!
Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:40 am

Hmm, somewhat puzzling, since I read on the UA forum that the airline maintains 3 class service on east coast to LAX flights because of actor's union requirements that specify F is a must. So they use old planes, with an F section, that are often somewhat empty in the back, to capture this very high yield traffic. I'm sure some movie stars and actors need to go to and from SIN to LAX, and they could be charged a small fortune for SQ F service!

(Now what this has to do with Aeroplan is beyond me, I'm sure if we were moderated (please, no) this thread would be pulled!)
Old Oct 15, 2003, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
America West is going to kill UA and AA's yields with their new non-stop JFK/BOS-LAX/SFO services. They're offering $198 r/t fares in coach, and $399 o/w fares in first with no Saturday night stay requirements. In addition, they're giving away Silver Elite status for completing two round-trips in these new markets. The days of paying $2000+ for a "business-friendly" transcon ticket are about to end.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 6:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by marbuck:
Now what this has to do with Aeroplan is beyond me</font>
It makes one (well, at least me) wonder whether how much Aeroplan will charge for a reward booking in SQ's Executive Economy (if that flight is allowed for reward redemption).
Old Oct 16, 2003, 1:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
It makes one (well, at least me) wonder whether how much Aeroplan will charge for a reward booking in SQ's Executive Economy (if that flight is allowed for reward redemption).</font>
I think Yahoo got a bit confused. The entire Y section will be 7-abreast, with 5cm more pitch than regular SQ Y. As far as I can gather from the SQ board, there is no 'intermediate' economy cabin.

Ergo - regular mileage requirement
Old Oct 16, 2003, 10:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
I think Yahoo got a bit confused. The entire Y section will be 7-abreast, with 5cm more pitch than regular SQ Y. As far as I can gather from the SQ board, there is no 'intermediate' economy cabin.

Ergo - regular mileage requirement
</font>
I don't know about any Yahoo confusion. But yes, executive economy is just the cabin behind Raffles (business) class. From the article however, it looks like SQ will charge more for the non-stop flights than the connections, so perhaps Executive Economy is treated like a different cabin (like BA's World Traveller Plus).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.