Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PTV in Coach

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:31 am
exAC

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerAl:
... JetBlue felt that market was ripe for business-friendly fares by making BUF its second destination....</font>
I think the accepted consensus is that BUF was added as a thank you to the politicians who helped JetBlue get the slots, permits, and authorities to start service out of JFK. The Senators [State and Federal] that lent their influence and got JetBlue going were from Upstate NY.

Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Yes, it's true that the NYS politicians pushed for low fare competition at BUF since they built a brand new airport terminal and JetBlue was influenced to serve BUF, ROC, and SYR in exchange for political support. However that doesn't change the fact that there was sufficient demand for BUF-JFK service and it is a profitable market for them. It turned out to be a win-win situation for all - well except for AA (who subsequently withdrew Eagle turboprop service in that market).
Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:23 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
with regard to the PTV's on the A330's, if you get one that does not work, are you entitled to compensation, even if it is only a domestic flight?? Because thats part of the reason I selected to fly business class in the first place
Old Oct 13, 2003, 9:18 pm

I think my handle says it all.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:28 pm

Yes, you should have received an "on board compensation form," but FA's seem to be averse to handing them out. You get $50 or $100 depending on the particular problem. I don't recall which number IFE/PTV falls under.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:40 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
o well in that case, I remember back to this summer when I was flying in J on a reward from LHR to YVR and the legrest wouldn't extend, so basically my feet were left to dangle from just below the knees. Am I entitled to anything for that, the person sitting beside me had the same problem, but nobody else on the plane had that problem.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 11:31 pm

as for compensation for non-working PTV's and legrests... I don't think that it's crew reluctance to offer compensation but rather a lack of knowledge of what type of compensation to offer. Located in the flight satchel on every AC flight, crew can find J 8x10 compensation vouchers which outline exactly what to offer for the various inconveniences. The smaller ticket type 15$ vouchers for dry cleaning and meal shortages have been disontinued and are no longer being offered.

My own experience has shown that some pursers prefer to offer a bottle of champagne or wine for the inconvenience rather than fill out the paperwork for the standard compensation.

[This message has been edited by naplesyrupeater (edited 10-13-2003).]
Old Oct 14, 2003, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by naplesyrupeater:
The smaller ticket type 15$ vouchers for dry cleaning and meal shortages have been disontinued and are no longer being offered.
</font>
Do you know when they discontinued to offer them? I ask because I was given exactly one of those vouchers for dry cleaning on Sept. 19 on a flight YQR-YYZ, that's less than 4 weeks ago.

[This message has been edited by ACflyerDE (edited 10-14-2003).]
Old Oct 14, 2003, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
When will AC start flying these planes, and on what routes?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACflyerDE:
Do you know when they discontinued to offer them? I ask because I was given exactly one of those vouchers for dry cleaning on Sept. 19 on a flight YQR-YYZ, that's less than 4 weeks ago.

[This message has been edited by ACflyerDE (edited 10-14-2003).]
</font>
about 4 weeks ago
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Yes - the A345s will have seat back PTVs at every Y seat. (6.5 inches screen)</font>
So does this mean they will now be taking delivery of the 345s?

Old Oct 15, 2003, 8:30 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
No, if you look at the date of the initial thread, it was at the beginning of this year, before AC deferred delivery of the new 345's

Nothing has changed since they deferred delivery. They are still sitting unused at Toulouse.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Didn't someone recently post that they were going to Emirates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.