Wiki Posts
Search

A319's - Laptop Power Outlet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:39 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by After Burner
1. I've yet to travel on an A319 that has the power ports. So there can't be many. All the A321's have it and at least one A320. Answer to part b: NO.
You really don't know what you're talking about.
13 of the 319s have power ports, respresenting about 25%
All but 3 of the 321s have power

Part b (whether you can find out ahead of time your AC flt's fin): YES. Call AC reservations 24 hours prior to flight and ask them to find that out. Or at least ask them the fin number and look it up @ http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...nformation.php

Write a letter to AC and they WILL compensate you for it.

Last edited by cur; Mar 21, 2006 at 4:23 pm
Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by cur
You really don't know what you're talking about.
13 of the 319s have power ports, respresenting about 25%
All but 3 of the 321s have power
Was that the case 3 years ago when I posted this?
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:35 pm
cur

Ummmmm,,,,,

CHEESE IT!!!!

(my mistake)
Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:13 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by cur
Write a letter to AC and they WILL compensate you for it.
Actually no. Power port is NOT guaranteed on the A319 and it's stated on the website as well.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...fort.html#r1s1

Laptop power port on select aircraft and at select seats (select A321/A320/A319)
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:46 am
cur

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Actually no. Power port is NOT guaranteed on the A319 and it's stated on the website as well.

Laptop power port on select aircraft and at select seats (select A321/A320/A319)
I assumed that you would, being that I got 5k goodwill miles for whining about the tv monitors YYC-YVR.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:46 pm
RTR

Programs: hilton honours, spg
Originally Posted by cur
I assumed that you would, being that I got 5k goodwill miles for whining about the tv monitors YYC-YVR.
Part b (whether you can find out ahead of time your AC flt's fin): YES. Call AC reservations 24 hours prior to flight and ask them to find that out. Or at least ask them the fin number and look it up @
That is something ... can you tell us more? (lFlight date and what TV monitors? Maybe I haven't been on a 319 in a while)

Also, I have not had any luck getting an AC res agent to tell me what fin is operating my flight, although they will often confim the aircraft type. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! RTR
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:12 pm
cur

Originally Posted by RTR
That is something ... can you tell us more? (lFlight date and what TV monitors? Maybe I haven't been on a 319 in a while)

Also, I have not had any luck getting an AC res agent to tell me what fin is operating my flight, although they will often confim the aircraft type. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! RTR
The flight was a year or two ago and the monitor in my section was grainy in spite of the sharp image for the rest of the cabin.

AC res agents have the ability to tell you the fin number TWENTY FOUR HOURS PRIOR TO THE FLIGHT (or to be safe, morning of). The information is there, if they don't know or deny that it can't be found, they obvoiusly need to get re-trained. But to give credit to them, the res system they have is pretty stinkin' complex.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu

Carrying this forward : I've got a long flight coming up and my 2nd battery now dies in 20 minutes; had to buy a new one. It won't arrive in time. I've never really bothered to look for power since I always had ample in the last few years...

So I know that it is hit or miss whether I get power. Is it also hit or miss as to whether I get regular AC and/or a Targa/cig lighter style adaptor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.