Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Offering To eUpgrade a Fellow Passenger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Format for offers:
  • Flight | Origin-Destination | Date | Username | Additional info (if any)
So that might lead to something like this:
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian
Or, if there are certain restrictions, you may do something like this:
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | upgrade to PY only
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | Flex or Latitude fares only
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | up to 18 credits, no add-on fees

Format for requests:
  • Flight | Origin-Destination | Date | Username | Type (Points or Cash), Fare Brand & Class
Examples:
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | cash Flex H
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | points Latitude K

For any upgrades with an add-on (co-pay), the recipient must pay the fee

Moderator note: only offers may be posted in the thread. Requests can be added to the wiki, but not posted. Any posts about requests will be deleted. If you see an offer or request that works for you, please PM the offeror/requestor.

Offers:

Requests:

Print Wikipost

Offering To eUpgrade a Fellow Passenger

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
AC 123 | YYZ-YVR | November 4, 2022 | any fare without an add-on or you pay the fee
I've added this to the wiki, and cleaned out the old offers from flights that are long gone.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see that there should be a way to make an offer anonymously, i.e. without disclosing my travel plans.

OTOH, I suppose posting requests might quickly become overwhelming....
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I added my next few to the wiki.
bcnfish likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
I don't see that there should be a way to make an offer anonymously, i.e. without disclosing my travel plans.

OTOH, I suppose posting requests might quickly become overwhelming....
The general stance on FT is not to allow people to request that others share FFP benefits (eUps, lounge passes, etc), as threads very quickly turn in to repetitive begging and whining. It can also lead brokers and other shady characters looking to profit from FTers' generosity to get involved. Therefore all of the giveaway threads in the AC forum (lounge passes, status passes, this one) operate on the principle that only offers may be posted, and not requests. The other forums (e.g. AA) that have giveaway threads operate on the same principle, and some have not allowed giveaway threads at all.

But I recognize that eUps are somewhat different in that the giver has to divulge their travel plans. If there is a sufficient number of people who would be willing to contribute eUps only in this quasi-anonymous fashion, and one or some of those people were willing to suggest a framework to keep the thread from getting swamped by whiny people looking for upgrades, I'm open to discussing it, but in order to not overwhelm the thread with debate about what it's for, please PM me with your views.
folkart, bcnfish, YYC3722 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 7:00 am

This is good, I have some EUPS that I cant use to the birth of my 2nd child next week and I'm quite sad I can't give them now
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Added a couple of legs.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:55 pm

Added a December flight.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:58 am

With just over two months to go in the eUp year (or maybe just under two months, depending on when exactly they reset the nominees), it appears likely that Mrs. Smith will not need to be my nominee this year. I am therefore willing to offer up my nominee slot, and use of a large number of credits between now and the end of the eUp year - I have a couple hundred that are likely to expire unused. Update: nominee slot given away Please note there are a number of important conditions and information regarding this offer:
  • Don't post any requests in this thread. No "you have PM" or "check your PMs" or anything like that. Send a PM or contact me through other channels
  • If you haven't met the requirements to post in the Coupon Connection forum (180 posts and 180 days on FT), don't bother PMing me, I'm not even going to open it. Seriously, don't - I know some people think "well, maybe I'll try anyway", since I got a bunch of PMs from people who didn't meet the qualifications the last time I offered status passes, but you're wasting your time
  • Beyond that bare minimum, preference will go to those who have been active contributors to the AC forum
  • Preference also goes to those that I have met in person at a Do, or a virtual Do, or even people that have corresponded via PM/e-mail, even if it's just exchanges we've had where we discussed posts you reported or you griped about moderator decisions
  • The more eUps you can burn, the better! TBD the exact number I have available for the nominee, but let's say well over 100, probably closer to 200
  • All of the eUps I'm willing to burn expire January 15/16, 2023 - I'm not upgrading any flights beyond that
  • Remember that to benefit from the nominee privilege, you have to send your Aeroplan number and PNRs to the nominator. This will expose your full name, address, and other information. I don't plan to save any of that information or do anything nefarious with it, but you should be aware that it's accessible
  • I may ask you to send me a few PNRs to prove that you can actually use up a good chunk of credits during the applicable period, before I make you my nominee. And don't bother running out and creating a bunch of refundable bookings just to show me you have PNRs, because it will be obvious based on the date the bookings were made
  • Please consult the eUpgrade thread if you have any questions about how the nominee privilege works
  • If your PM indicates that you haven't read these instructions, I'm just going to delete it
  • The choice of who I nominate is completely subjective and 100% up to me. This isn't a race about who PMs me first, or who has the most posts, or even who I like the best

I've made a couple of updates to the wiki, partly since I noticed the list of offers was a bit hard to follow on mobile:
  • I removed the year from each line item and just created a heading instead
  • I deleted the notes about how fares should have no co-pay or the recipient should pay the co-pay. This seemed to be pretty consistent across everyone who has offered thus far, and putting my moderator hat on for a second, is also consistent with how this type of thing works on other boards on FT. If any FTers are so generous that they're willing to pay the recipient's co-pay out of the goodness of their hearts, feel free to note that, but otherwise we'll assume by default that the recipient will have to pay. And if you don't want to deal with that hassle, just specify in your offer no fares with co-pay (already in one of the examples)
  • I removed @Stranger's flights from yesterday. If you make an offer, please be mindful of cleaning up the wiki once your flights have passed
  • Clarified that only offers can be posted
folkart, canopus27, monkai and 7 others like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 8, 2022 at 9:09 am Reason: Update
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
With just over two months to go in the eUp year (or maybe just under two months, depending on when exactly they reset the nominees), it appears likely that Mrs. Smith will not need to be my nominee this year. I am therefore willing to offer up my nominee slot, and use of a large number of credits between now and the end of the eUp year - I have a couple hundred that are likely to expire unused.
I'll do the same. I have about 400 that are going to expire.

My rules are the same as Adam's, but I'm really looking for someone with multiple intercontinental trips in the next 2.5 months , and someone with status high enough to likely clear.

If you're flying transcon in low Flex twice a week, that's fine too. I just want someone who can use a good chunk of these eUps, not just a couple dozen.

Edit: Mine's gone

Last edited by canadiancow; Nov 9, 2022 at 5:52 pm
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Talking

I have 3 eupgrade credits, so I might be able to upgrade someone on a Latitude fare while I sit in the back.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Updated wiki with my flights for the upcoming 2 months. No way I can burn through the rest and that's after getting eUped every flight I took this year which clearly wasn't enough
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:31 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Updated the wiki
AC 34 | SYD-YVR | November 10
fbrdky likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I have 5 eupgrade credits to spare if one is flying on January 6, 2023 - YYZ-YWG (AC 261) and January 7, 2023 YWG-YYZ (AC 262). I'm off to see the Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Winnipeg Jets.

I am guessing a Latitude fare should be do-able, but unsure if a Comfort fare or High Flex can be upgraded with 5 credits.

Added to say that I can only sponsor at the gate as my sister's my nominee already.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
I don't have enough posts yet on the forum to edit the Wiki, but I do have some eUps that will expire that I would like to offer up for the following flights if someone would be so kind as to edit the Wiki on my behalf:

AC 118 | YVR-YYZ | November 24 | mb4wong
AC 127 | YYZ-YVR | December 1 | mb4wong
AC 110 | YVR-YYZ | December 14 | mb4wong
AC 127 | YYZ-YVR | January 8 | mb4wong

Thanks all
bcnfish and vancouver25k like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Added to Wiki, but ......

Or, if there are certain restrictions, you may do something like this

No restrictions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.