Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Pick up boarding pass at airport - should I be concerned?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Pick up boarding pass at airport - should I be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Pick up boarding pass at airport - should I be concerned?

I'm checked in for AC884 tomorrow evening for YUL-GVA. Have seats assigned in the J cabin. Online check-in didn't issue a boarding pass, and says to pick it up at the airport. I've not seen that before, but I don't travel as often as most. Am I in for a problem? There is still a seat number assigned in my booking. The e-mail boarding pass received, looks like a boarding pass, but specifically says it is "Not a valid boarding pass".

Any insight or advice?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC*A
Likely flagged for random additional security, which will display the "SSSS" on your boarding pass.

Or AC IT acting up again, it's happened to me, but fixed once I cancelled check-in and re-checked-in.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

I can handle the security, if that's what it is. My concern is that somebody is getting bumped. It looks like the A330 has been changed to the old version with classic pods, so has fewer J seats, than when I originally booked. My seat number is showing the same as before, since that number exists in both versions, but I don't know if that means anything at all.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Had that exact thing today.

The check-in agent need to verify something- vaccine, test etc etc.. That’s all it was.

I am flying YUL-LHR . It did not cause any delay whatsoever, other then stopping at the SE checkin counter at YOW.
bigev007 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Call.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Plumber
Had that exact thing today.

The check-in agent need to verify something- vaccine, test etc etc.. That’s all it was.

I am flying YUL-LHR . It did not cause any delay whatsoever, other then stopping at the SE checkin counter at YOW.
Thanks. That makes me feel better. I have the first boarding pass YYZ-YUL, and YUL-GVA "not a boarding pass" looks like this...

Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Call.
Waste of time. This is common.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Quite common

This happens quite frequently for TATL flights to Europe due to vaccine requirements. For Switzerland your last vaccine has to be within the last 270 days so if you don’t have a booster or recovery or residency permit then you won’t be allowed boarding.

I fly the YUL GVA route every few weeks and no longer receive my boarding pass at OLCI.
CanadaDH likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Thanks. That makes me feel better. I have the first boarding pass YYZ-YUL, and YUL-GVA "not a boarding pass" looks like this...

Yep- exact same thing yesterday.
CanadaDH likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Checked in at YYZ, and they needed to examine the vaccine documents before issuing the passes. All good. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.