Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lowest Fare finder - aka has the Cow written anything?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus

I'm finding it's a pain in the ... to hunt for the lowest fares on TATL / TPAC flights.

I have time freedom. But I don't want to overpay.

Has the cow made an app to find best possible fare or do any of you have a better way for me to find great prices on AC?

Unlike many --- I've always liked flying with AC. I have great experience with service / Upgrades / etc so I am preferential to hunting down fares based on AC fare buckets.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
1. Google Flights
2. Set limits for airline, connecting airports, price, etc.
3. Search by date.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Can we do this flexibly? I've looked at google flights but seems like I need specific days.

I basically want the AC fare finder that shows me lowest date on a 60 day range...
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jazzsax
Can we do this flexibly? I've looked at google flights but seems like I need specific days.

I basically want the AC fare finder that shows me lowest date on a 60 day range...
ITA matrix, limit yourself to AC through advanced controls & search lowest fare via calendar
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If it's not on cowtool.com, either it doesn't exist, or you don't have access.
YOWgary and Nitehawk like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:19 pm

..... I don't want to overpay.
...... great prices on AC?
You're asking a lot.
Have you tried searching from the USA?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by tracon
You're asking a lot.
Have you tried searching from the USA?
there was a TPAC 200$ Latitude fare not too long ago with AC - so anything is possible 😆
Bohemian1 and dr_torch like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold

On Google flights you can limit the search to AC and cabin class, then click on the calendar and it should show you the fares for every day.

It doesn't show the lowest fare directly but you can see when fares are lower than average.
arf04 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G

Google flight both shows you the calendar for lowest prices AND let's you pull up a date grid to show +- 3 days surrounding your departure & arrival dates. Using these two features combined should give you everything you need without needing to get the cow involved.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: TK *G
Not sure if I understand this correctly, but if you need the lowest possible fare, expertflyer shows the pre tax price of the lowest fare for a route, and lists the conditions of such fare. Finding availability of such fare is another challenge of course.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Probably could have been more specific. LOL

I like AC for various reasons (yes, you all can call me crazy) but I hate picking days to try and search for flights. I can plan far enough in advance with flexibility that I try to hunt for fares / flights that are decently priced up front, and then usually luck out on LMU's, or prebook preferred seats for worst case. I'm less concerned with fare flexibility ----- usually once booked I rarely need to make changes (and only once did we have to because a client caught covid) and it was far enough in advance to still make switches.

I would just love a tool that I can say "Here's my range of when and where I want to fly - show me best fare options" and then go from there.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:56 pm

Probably could have been more specific. LOL

I like AC for various reasons (yes, you all can call me crazy) but I hate picking days to try and search for flights. I can plan far enough in advance with flexibility that I try to hunt for fares / flights that are decently priced up front, and then usually luck out on LMU's, or prebook preferred seats for worst case. I'm less concerned with fare flexibility ----- usually once booked I rarely need to make changes (and only once did we have to because a client caught covid) and it was far enough in advance to still make switches.

I would just love a tool that I can say "Here's my range of when and where I want to fly - show me best fare options" and then go from there.
Sorry for being kinda blunt (not intending to be rude) - but a tool is as good as the person who is using it.

ITA Matrix (and may be google flights too) absolutely can do whatever you are trying to do. You can limit to single carrier / alliance, pick source / destination (or can extend it to airports near or far to your intended route), maximum stops, price - has a calendar view for 30 days...

Really confused on what else do you want ? Yes, it may not be as simple as saying " Hey google / Alexa / Siri - find me the best deal to fly from Montreal to Hawaii anytime in next 3 months" but it is fairly very simple once you get a decent hang of the tool.

May be watch a video or read few posts on how to use the tool ? (I just linked a random video but there are millions of other videos / posts that explains how to use ITA Matrix)

https://princeoftravel.com/blog/how-...-a-pro-part-1/
https://upgradedpoints.com/travel/ma...cheap-airfare/

Last edited by jugaadkabaap; Apr 24, 2022 at 2:02 pm
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:12 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
And if you REALLY want granular control and (relatively) easy booking for those AC fares you seek, check out ITA Matrix PowerTools.

The bottom line here is there's nothing specifically magic to Air Canada - in the end it is just another airline. Getting the "lowest" fare for some specific date requires a bit of work. Only you can decide if the effort is worth the reward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.