Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service Director onboard upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
YYV? Is this some strange new pop-up airport?

I feel hurt that no one told me about this inaugural flight.
sorry for the typo, it was from a small airport called YVR.

​​​ YYV would make a airport code for an inaugural to any Canadian city starting with V. Surprisingly long list here. listing of Places in Canada that start with V
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM
To add some perspective to this.
Imagine sitting in euro J sold 10/12 and when the door closes it suddenly becomes 17/12 filled with the friends of the F/A who has a cool new job and was trained by Mickey Mouse.
The majority of the 7 extra had been warming up their partying skills well before boarding.
Needless to say the documents I was to review before my meeting after landing did not get the reviewing they deserved.
S.D.'s are people just like us. I believe the majority of the S.D.'s posses very good judgment skills, however as the case above there are some exceptions.
Fortunately on one of the routes I fly frequently the frequency of self entitled passengers bullying the SD's is steadily declining. I believe a large part of that is due to Status / E-Upgrades being a dime a dozen and the cabin is usually fairly full.
An incident precedes every rule...
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by YYC3722
To add some perspective to this.
Imagine sitting in euro J sold 10/12 and when the door closes it suddenly becomes 17/12 filled with the friends of the F/A who has a cool new job and was trained by Mickey Mouse.
The majority of the 7 extra had been warming up their partying skills well before boarding.
Right... Great imagination
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supatight80
It's been less than a year (actually, may have been January 2022) since I saw middle seats get filled in euro-J on LH by a FA. It does happen.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM
Originally Posted by supatight80
You may want to think back a couple of years to when AC operated aircraft with euro J with crews trained by Disney.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by YYC3722; Apr 26, 2022 at 7:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.