Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
For comparison, CYYZ-PHNL was standard Signature service minus the amenity kit.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:47 am

Last Week (22 April) I flew Signature class Vancouver to Toronto. My experience was a mixed one: In YVR's J class line, there was only one person checking baggage although I checked in on-line and uploaded my vaccine status to Air Canada none of that helped in moving through a line that took 30 minutes. It was even worse for security, where my Nexus card with so called priority had me waiting for about 40 minutes whereas my companions in J went through some other line and beat me to the MLL by some ten minutes.
Speaking of the MLL, although somewhat improved it is still not up to pre-pandemic standards. There was no hot food, just some wraps, although I was able to find a glass of wine from a person who handed it to me from a safe covid distance.
Once on board our 777, things did improve with a printed menu offering a choice of four selections for lunch. The drinks trolley has made a return, but no hot towel and no pre-departure drinks. Also the much hoped for ice cream and warm cookie has disappeared. I was pleased to see that the table cloth has returned, and the FA did hang up my coat although I had to ask her and then remind the FA to give back the coat near landing time. I was pleased to see that my checked bag was one of the first off the plane. As I say a mixed experience, but much better then my previous Signature flight to YVR last November.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by royalflight
Last Week (22 April) I flew Signature class Vancouver to Toronto. My experience was a mixed one: In YVR's J class line, there was only one person checking baggage although I checked in on-line and uploaded my vaccine status to Air Canada none of that helped in moving through a line that took 30 minutes. It was even worse for security, where my Nexus card with so called priority had me waiting for about 40 minutes whereas my companions in J went through some other line and beat me to the MLL by some ten minutes.
Speaking of the MLL, although somewhat improved it is still not up to pre-pandemic standards. There was no hot food, just some wraps, although I was able to find a glass of wine from a person who handed it to me from a safe covid distance.
Once on board our 777, things did improve with a printed menu offering a choice of four selections for lunch. The drinks trolley has made a return, but no hot towel and no pre-departure drinks. Also the much hoped for ice cream and warm cookie has disappeared. I was pleased to see that the table cloth has returned, and the FA did hang up my coat although I had to ask her and then remind the FA to give back the coat near landing time. I was pleased to see that my checked bag was one of the first off the plane. As I say a mixed experience, but much better then my previous Signature flight to YVR last November.
Given topic of thread - was this a triangle through US and you meant transborder lounge? For YVR domestic MLL which I assumed from your post you scan the QR code on the table for the hot food menu. Limited, but it is there, and better than the old options IMHO. Were you out of times for food?
Never thought wine was hard to find. Look for the person surrounded by bottles of alcohol with a line up in front of them.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.