FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2073640-signature-class-yyz-yul-florida.html)

Hoogaar Mar 28, 2022 1:23 pm

Signature Class from YYZ/YUL to Florida?

Does someone know if there are any routes from anywhere in Canada (Ideally YUL or YYZ) to anywhere in Florida with lie flat pods? I've searched for Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, and Orlando but all I can find is Rouge except for Fort Lauderdale, and those seem to have the regular business class seats.

Taking my wife's parents on a cruise (not booked yet - we have cruise credits). they've never sat in business and I would like to surprise them, but I don't know if there's a way to search/filter for Signature Class. And we're not married to Florida - anywhere that cruises depart from really (California, Texas, Louisiana)

I appreciate any help anyone can offer. If there is an easy way to search for this on AC.com, I would love to learn how to do that.

Cheers!

canadiancow Mar 28, 2022 1:27 pm

"Signature Class" is a product. A pod is a requirement to call it Signature, but it's not sufficient.

There is no Signature Class to Florida. There might be lie-flats.

You might find Signature to LAX, but I think that's the only transborder Signature route right now.

Hoogaar Mar 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Awesome thanks. Was doubting "signature class" was right as I typed. Thanks for the clarification. And thanks so much for the tip - you're right. I was able to find some from YYZ-LAX. Sweet!

mcgella Mar 28, 2022 4:05 pm

I don't know if it varies by time of year, but we just flew YUL-FLL in Feb this year and it had the lie-flat seats (refurbed A330).

FinsToTheLeft Mar 28, 2022 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by mcgella (Post 34115425)
I don't know if it varies by time of year, but we just flew YUL-FLL in Feb this year and it had the lie-flat seats (refurbed A330).

I flew YYZ/FLL return on the 333 in February. No amenity kits, otherwise full service.

YYZCONSULTANT Mar 28, 2022 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 34114940)
"Signature Class" is a product. A pod is a requirement to call it Signature, but it's not sufficient.

There is no Signature Class to Florida. There might be lie-flats.

You might find Signature to LAX, but I think that's the only transborder Signature route right now.

This is my bi-weekly route (YYZ-FLL). Since July/Aug 2021 AC has run widebodies on this route quite regularly and have actively marketed J as signature class.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c91dd055f.jpeg

canadiancow Mar 28, 2022 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by YYZCONSULTANT (Post 34116009)
This is my bi-weekly route (YYZ-FLL). Since July/Aug 2021 AC has run widebodies on this route quite regularly and have actively marketed J as signature class.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c91dd055f.jpeg

That would be a bug in the app.

Signature Class includes, among other things, a cheese course. Did you get that?

mcgella Mar 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 34116018)

Signature Class includes, among other things, a cheese course. Did you get that?

We had a cheese course in both directions YUL-FLL.

Actually, now that I'm thinking back, it was cheese and/or dessert. Not sure if that counts or not.

YYZCONSULTANT Mar 28, 2022 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 34116018)

Always cheese + 4 entree options and chef park app / dessert. Only thing missing is amenity kit, but it’s been offered on later night departures. It’s a feat to get through the full service on such a short flight.

Believe me, I am just as surprised they are offering it on that route but I suspect it has something to do with certain AC vacation packages / cruises. I am not complaining.

canadiancow Mar 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Well... I'm surprised. Signature is supposed to be a subset of PLH, and nothing in Florida is PLH. There's no marketing on AC's Signature pages to suggest there's Signature to Florida.

CanadianConnection33 Mar 28, 2022 10:52 pm

I can confirm Air Canada has been operating the A330 YYZ to FLL with what I call “Signature Light”.

The service was comparable to the YYZ - YVR on the wide bodies. Slightly better meal options and way better seat though admittedly way faster flight.

Air Canada started reducing frequency but adding wide bodies to Florida I presume to keep them flying and keep pilots trained. As international flights pick up (particularly to Europe which seems to have replaced former Rouge 767s with the Air Canada wide bodies) I would be on the lookout to see Rouge return exclusively to the Florida market.

That would also be a surprise for your family: I bought you a lie flat seat on main line but you get a ticket on Rouge with no TV dumpy food and an old recliner.

YYZCONSULTANT Mar 29, 2022 5:42 am

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33 (Post 34116249)
I can confirm Air Canada has been operating the A330 YYZ to FLL with what I call “Signature Light”.

The service was comparable to the YYZ - YVR on the wide bodies. Slightly better meal options and way better seat though admittedly way faster flight.

Air Canada started reducing frequency but adding wide bodies to Florida I presume to keep them flying and keep pilots trained. As international flights pick up (particularly to Europe which seems to have replaced former Rouge 767s with the Air Canada wide bodies) I would be on the lookout to see Rouge return exclusively to the Florida market.

That would also be a surprise for your family: I bought you a lie flat seat on main line but you get a ticket on Rouge with no TV dumpy food and an old recliner.

Looks like I’ve got one of the last widebody flights on this route on Apr 16 :(. FLL goes exclusively rouge and flights to MIA flip to the A220 in May, which I will switch to.

mcgella Mar 29, 2022 7:20 am

Originally Posted by YYZCONSULTANT (Post 34116731)
Looks like I’ve got one of the last widebody flights on this route on Apr 16 :(. FLL goes exclusively rouge and flights to MIA flip to the A220 in May, which I will switch to.

Oh no. I booked our flights for spring break next year, and chose FLL over MIA because I wanted to stay away from Rouge. Right now still showing the A330, but I wonder what the chances are they will change the equipment? And we had booked PE with the plan to try and upgrade, but if we get switched would they move us down to Y?

RangerNS Mar 29, 2022 7:38 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 34116042)
Well... I'm surprised. Signature is supposed to be a subset of PLH, and nothing in Florida is PLH. There's no marketing on AC's Signature pages to suggest there's Signature to Florida.

Maybe they got a price break at X blocks of cheese and have X-FLL left over.

After Burner Mar 29, 2022 8:30 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 34114940)

Also YYZ-HNL and YYZ-OGG.