Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (SQM):
Segments Needed (SQS):
Dollars Needed (SQD):
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
  • For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both SQD AND SQM or SQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second SQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.

Information on SQM/SQS/SQD in General

If you need a refresher on what counts for SQM, SQD, etc, please consult this thread: Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ

Useful reference thread for SQM and SQD calculations: Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

General Tips

A good starting point and general approach on finding that ideal mileage run is this article written by YOWgary : Mileage Run Tips
Print Wikipost

2022 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vernonc
How much was the fare and what routing ?
You can do the same-day return via GRU/YUL for the same price.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Interesting option to just get off the plane and then go right back on. I have no experience with this as I’ve never done MRs. how does this work? Do I need to go through immigration and hope I don’t get held up? Or can I just stand at the gate and wait the hour before boarding?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Interesting option to just get off the plane and then go right back on. Or can I just stand at the gate and wait the hour before boarding?
Yes you can just get off the plane and stand by the gate...At least thats how it was in YYZ and LAS the last couple of times i did a MR.

Here is what I was able to find for a MR from YYC to EZE

YYC YUL GRU EZE Apr 18 1230 - 1425+1 $762 PE
EZE GRU YUL YYC Apr 19 1630 - 1057+1 $794 PE

Similar prices on April 15 to turn around on April 16 (home on 17th)
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'm definitely interested in going to EZE. I would however like to go outside of the airport for some steak and wine.

GRU could work for me as well, I could maybe visit a potential customer out there...
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:28 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Interesting option to just get off the plane and then go right back on. I have no experience with this as I’ve never done MRs. how does this work? Do I need to go through immigration and hope I don’t get held up? Or can I just stand at the gate and wait the hour before boarding?
Originally Posted by yeeg
Yes you can just get off the plane and stand by the gate...At least thats how it was in YYZ and LAS the last couple of times i did a MR.
International is different and depends on the setup. If you're in YYC and doing an MR to YYZ or LAS, in both cases, you arrive as a domestic passenger, so no need for customs or security.

But if you're going to another country, it's quite common to have to at least go through security, even if avoiding customs. A quick Googling suggests EZE does have ITI transit with no need to go through customs, but unclear whether it's necessary to go through security. That would be a question for another forum on FT...
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
In my experience it's pretty rare to do an international MR without needing to go through security. But the turn times on the aircraft are long enough that you should still have time for a shower and a meal before they even call zone 1.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you shift your dates 3 days earlier, you can hang out with me, @YOWgary, and @YYC3722
I am absolutely in favour of the first-ever Air Canada Argentina DO.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
In my experience it's pretty rare to do an international MR without needing to go through security. But the turn times on the aircraft are long enough that you should still have time for a shower and a meal before they even call zone 1.
Okay, but what experience does a guy like you actually have with this sort of thing?

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I am absolutely in favor of the first-ever Air Canada Argentina DO.
I really wish I could adjust my dates, but missing the entire long weekend with my kids is a non-option for me.

But man would that have been fun.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:25 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs

I really wish I could adjust my dates, but missing the entire long weekend with my kids is a non-option for me.
Take the kids along!

And Yes, I am aware of the size of your family. Would still be cool though. Especially all in J.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Anyone want to join me for a totally pointless run to EZE? Heading down Apr 18 and heading back Apr 21. Snagged a good P fare, and for me this was a cheap way to lock in another year of SE.

April 18th? What time and from where?

I am flying in from HNL on the 18th into YOW and schedule to arrive at 09:30
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

Here is what I was able to find for a MR from YYC to EZE

YYC YUL GRU EZE Apr 18 1230 - 1425+1 $762 PE
EZE GRU YUL YYC Apr 19 1630 - 1057+1 $794 PE

Similar prices on April 15 to turn around on April 16 (home on 17th)
I like this as I can do
April 18th YOW-YYZ-GRU-EZE $761 PE
April 19th EZE-GRU-YUL-YOW $784 PE
vernonc likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Booked my backup plan in the event my wife doesn't want to go Vegas at Easter. This would be more beneficial in the long run for the entire family to travel as it would bump me up to 75K .

April 15 YYC YUL GRU EZE
April 16 EZE GRU YUL YYC

I thought using eUps YYC YUL would be 2 credits but the chart and website says 4. Reason I thought 2 is that its booking class B but there isn't a PE class B. Do they not use the Latitude B chart to figure out the eUps needed if someone books PE in a mixed cabin??
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Booked my backup plan in the event my wife doesn't want to go Vegas at Easter. This would be more beneficial in the long run for the entire family to travel as it would bump me up to 75K .

April 15 YYC YUL GRU EZE
April 16 EZE GRU YUL YYC

I thought using eUps YYC YUL would be 2 credits but the chart and website says 4. Reason I thought 2 is that its booking class B but there isn't a PE class B. Do they not use the Latitude B chart to figure out the eUps needed if someone books PE in a mixed cabin??
You didn't book Latitude. You booked PY Lowest.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you shift your dates 3 days earlier, you can hang out with me, @YOWgary, and @YYC3722
Hmm, a YYC to EZE MR looks really enticing! Are people doing an immediate return or sticking around in Buenos Aires for a few days? I've never flown south of the equator before.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Hmm, a YYC to EZE MR looks really enticing! Are people doing an immediate return or sticking around in Buenos Aires for a few days? I've never flown south of the equator before.
Correctly trying to decide. Leaning toward staying but that means 2 nights as the fares for return on 20th are no good. Already booked for 21st return and I’ve got 10 penalty free hours left to decide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.