Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Price to purchase Aeroplan points increased to 3.5 cents (January 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

Just noticed that the amount of Aeroplan points I would receive cancelling a paid flight dropped around 10k from 72k to 62k. Doing some investigating it looks like the price of points has incresed from $0.03 to $0.035. Was this announced?

Ron.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:33 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Yes, now up to 3.5 cents per point. Confirmed by logging in and going to the purchase points page within Aeroplan. $350 for 10,000 points etc.
newfbc likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
So is the conversion now 2.1c (before taxes) - essentially a ~15% deval without notice on converting cancelled tickets?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So is the conversion now 2.1c (before taxes) - essentially a ~15% deval without notice on converting cancelled tickets?
The convert-to-Aeroplan cancellation option isn't in the tariff and has never been advertised as a permanent benefit. The 65% bonus that they do advertise on the COVID updates page is unchanged (the COVID page has never mentioned the base price of Aeroplan miles that would be used to calculate the conversion).

The option to receive a travel voucher for the full value of your booking remains in place.

I highly doubt you'd be successful in arguing that you should be entitled to convert at the old 3 cent price just because that's what was in effect at that time you bought the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.