Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Availability to book Singapore (SQ) with Aeroplan (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, I'm seeing SQ availability for next fall (Oct, to be precise) that I wasn't seeing before.

CMB, HAN, TYO, IST

And only in Y, at this point.

(Didn't know where else to put this.)
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by kalderlake
FWIW, I'm seeing SQ availability for next fall (Oct, to be precise) that I wasn't seeing before.

CMB, HAN, TYO, IST

And only in Y, at this point.

(Didn't know where else to put this.)
I think it bears repeating that SQ awards (even in J) have always been available to partner intra-Asia&Oceania, it's probably just about adding more flights "post-COVID" at this point.

That one day where they accidentally made NA flights available to partners notwithstanding...
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
...and that's a list of four routes that were commonly available to partner programs in J pre-COVID.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWgary
...and that's a list of four routes that were commonly available to partner programs in J pre-COVID.
That's basically what I'm trying to get at, yeah. Didn't mean to sound dismissive, just that it's not huge news... Once someone sees SIN-NA or SIN-Europe, then we're in business! (Pun intended)
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Didn't think you were being dismissive at all!

Anecdotally, I've seen a lot more partner J on SIN-CMB than, say, SIN-DEL or SIN-BOM, and SIN-IST was regularly available while SIN-(rest of Europe) has traditionally been 100% out of the question.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:42 pm

Makes me wonder what kind of deal SQ cut with AS when they partnered, and what being part of *A even means these days.

Can book in Y on virtually all North American routes, as well as certain J routes (NRT/LAX for example) via AS again. Availability is through EOS from what I’ve seen so far
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Speedbird84
Makes me wonder what kind of deal SQ cut with AS when they partnered, and what being part of *A even means these days.

Can book in Y on virtually all North American routes, as well as certain J routes (NRT/LAX for example) via AS again. Availability is through EOS from what I’ve seen so far
At what cost though... Maybe similar to QR, where AS gets availability for flights other OW partners don't have access to - for MANY more miles...
YOWgary likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Burned by Phantom Partner SQ Availbility

Trying to go IAD or SFO-Hanoi in January and saw the OMAAT post on SQ availability and confirmed through extensive searching that 2 J SQ seats were available through multiple different routings. I took advantage of the Chase transfer bonus but when I went to book every single routing got an error and once I reloaded the availability had disappeared. This happened 4 different times as I try to always have backups when making a transfer.

Obviously my points are stuck in Aeroplan and a 30% transfer bonus is a fine deal, but still very disappointed that I got kind of suckered into making a transfer based on the deceiving availability.

As a points enthusiast this is undoubtedly part of the game but I can't help and feel let down by Aeroplan. Was anyone able to actually book thee SQ partner awards? Does anyone know of any workarounds and if the availability actually exists?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Yes. Some are available. I haven't got any of the ULH routes to ticket, but have had success with a few JFK-FRAs.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:06 pm

An example of the error message.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Try to book SQ25 on the app but got error:34651 segment sell failure. I called the aero plan and the agent was not able to book it. Clearly there’s some phantom availability going on
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:18 pm

yeh that was some text book bait and switch..

transferred enough pts for 2 only for it to give me that error.. tried multiple selection too
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:25 pm

Yea, I thought it was very very suspicious when there was several days with availability out of nowhere.. I don't even think I've seen J availability with SQ for a single flight in my previous searches to date.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by adambanks991
Yea, I thought it was very very suspicious when there was several days with availability out of nowhere.. I don't even think I've seen J availability with SQ for a single flight in my previous searches to date.
Same! I saw some randomly
on a few days last week too but not this extensive. I think part of why I am so annoyed is I usually am suspicious about things like this but this time 22hrs of SQ J replacing my current UA Y ticket got my hopes up and I ignored my cynical side.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by adambanks991
Sounds like a lot of beef (all of it?) should be with the blog that claimed this space was real...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.