Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Availability to book Singapore (SQ) with Aeroplan (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Availability to book Singapore (SQ) with Aeroplan (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by hogdogz
Found an economy bkk-sin-bne (3 day layover) bne-yvr-yyj for 50k two days ago that would error out. Checked expert and award seats didn't exist. Looked this morning and it is gone from AP. But was able to book sin-bne direct with SQ with the rest for 52k pp.
Bkk-sin-bne in economy was always bookable on AP. even J would've been bookable if it existed.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Bkk-sin-bne in economy was always bookable on AP. even J would've been bookable if it existed.

I'm not able to book bkk-sin for feb 13 in economy. No availability on Alaska/SQ but AP shows space and errors out.
TG has space but I prefer SQ product and timing
Old Dec 6, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Acid
I'm not able to book bkk-sin for feb 13 in economy. No availability on Alaska/SQ but AP shows space and errors out.
It's bookable when there's availability. That's always the caveat. Ultra -long haul J was never bookable by partners. Short-haul and even semi-long haul J is bookable and always has been - when available. Rule #1 of searching for award flights is flexibility
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Acid
BKK-SIN is quite easily attainable in both J and Y, where space actually exists. It's just a glitch causing non-existent SQ space to show up in AP searches.

To veer off topic for a bit: SQ regional Y is abysmal these days. I'd take TG over SQ on this route, schedule permitting. Comparable hard products but you get a proper meal on TG.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
BKK-SIN is quite easily attainable in both J and Y, where space actually exists. It's just a glitch causing non-existent SQ space to show up in AP searches.

To veer off topic for a bit: SQ regional Y is abysmal these days. I'd take TG over SQ on this route, schedule permitting. Comparable hard products but you get a proper meal on TG.

Thanks for the feedback- I assumed SQ was better - I've only been on TG on long haul many years ago. I'll go ahead and ticket TG - I can make the timings work. I was hesitant earlier due to AP change fees and was waiting to see if SQ opens up
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:24 am

Aeroplan Availability for SQ Different to Other Partners

Hi,

I'm currently looking at making an business class award booking for CMB-SIN-TPE for February next year.

However, when I try searching with Aeroplan, it's only giving me a mixed cabin itinerary (CMB-SIN in economy).

The thing is, when searching the exact same itinerary on United and LifeMiles, it shows availability in business class for both flights. Is this unusual or does SQ have less premium award availability on Aeroplan?

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jason013
Hi,

I'm currently looking at making an business class award booking for CMB-SIN-TPE for February next year.

However, when I try searching with Aeroplan, it's only giving me a mixed cabin itinerary (CMB-SIN in economy).

The thing is, when searching the exact same itinerary on United and LifeMiles, it shows availability in business class for both flights. Is this unusual or does SQ have less premium award availability on Aeroplan?

Thanks
I've been tracking CMB-SIN for years, off and on.

I can't recall much J SQ availability at any point.

CMB availability is tough to find in J travelling to/from the east.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is the all-J option actually bookable on UA?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Just snagged EWR-SIN-JFK. It looked like there was decent SQ availability on the dates I was looking (US Thanksgiving week next year) on a bunch of routes, just that connections on the west coast or in Asia drove the points way up thanks to the longer AC segments.

No idea if it's a random one-off, a bug, or a sign of a new normal, but a data point and an FYI.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:41 pm

I am seeing pretty good availability for long-haul J on SQ at the edge of the calendar using cowtool, I'm currently low on points so can't test completing a booking, but it looks like the availability is back at least
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Gold
When this initially appeared (and was unbookable) there was lots of January 2023 ULC-J available. Doesn’t seem to be the case now. Has anyone seen availability in Jan 2023?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by jbar91
When this initially appeared (and was unbookable) there was lots of January 2023 ULC-J available. Doesn’t seem to be the case now. Has anyone seen availability in Jan 2023?
Yes, there's some LAX-NRT available in SQ J.

I haven't looked at other routes for that month.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Booked 3 J seats LAX-SIN in November 2023. There were 6 seats on the nonstop. I guess the OMAAT post was accurate.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
For those that booked this SQ space via AC over the past couple days, how long did it take for your booking to be ticketed? I got an error when booking, but a PNR was still created (and can be pulled up on SQ), however it hasn't been fully ticketed yet.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ncSam
For those that booked this SQ space via AC over the past couple days, how long did it take for your booking to be ticketed? I got an error when booking, but a PNR was still created (and can be pulled up on SQ), however it hasn't been fully ticketed yet.
Confirmation and ticketing was immediate. I was also able to book SIN-YVR in J at the end of November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.