Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:43 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
A flight was showing as "E-UP eligible" the other day and upon booking I tried to upgrade. The E-UP interface still showed J class as available (11 credits, green arrow icon). But upon clicking through I noticed that my cabin remained the same and I was waitlisted. Cancelled the upgrade and tried again - same deal... upgrade showing as available but after clicking through it waitlists my upgrade and my cabin remains the same. I tried the 75K line but after a 20 min hold had to hang up and cancelled the booking altogether.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Far Siren
A flight was showing as "E-UP eligible" the other day and upon booking I tried to upgrade. The E-UP interface still showed J class as available (11 credits, green arrow icon). But upon clicking through I noticed that my cabin remained the same and I was waitlisted. Cancelled the upgrade and tried again - same deal... upgrade showing as available but after clicking through it waitlists my upgrade and my cabin remains the same. I tried the 75K line but after a 20 min hold had to hang up and cancelled the booking altogether.
@Far Siren
Your post is not completely clear to me. I'll blame winter.
Since you didn't post screen shots, or the flight that you booked that you were trying to upgrade, I can only guess. However, others have reported similar and I wonder if it's more this than a website issue. See @YOWgary's reply here in the eUograde thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33633259-post953.html
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
@Far Siren
Your post is not completely clear to me. I'll blame winter.
Since you didn't post screen shots, or the flight that you booked that you were trying to upgrade, I can only guess. However, others have reported similar and I wonder if it's more this than a website issue. See @YOWgary's reply here in the eUograde thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33633259-post953.html
Sorry for any confusion. I think what I experienced is a technical issue because it seemed like the website was displaying phantom upgrade availability. This is what I was seeing for my flight in the E-upgrade section:

After ticking the box and proceeding with the upgrade, 11 points were deducted from my account but upon going back to “Manage My Booking” I saw that I was actually waitlisted for the upgrade.

In my experience if the upgrade space is not available, I should not be seeing the “Available” indicator with the green arrow icon.

FWIW, I was on a fully flexible PE fare for a flight departing within 5 days so was definitely within the upgrade window.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Far Siren
Sorry for any confusion. I think what I experienced is a technical issue because it seemed like the website was displaying phantom upgrade availability. This is what I was seeing for my flight in the E-upgrade section:

After ticking the box and proceeding with the upgrade, 11 points were deducted from my account but upon going back to “Manage My Booking” I saw that I was actually waitlisted for the upgrade.

In my experience if the upgrade space is not available, I should not be seeing the “Available” indicator with the green arrow icon.

FWIW, I was on a fully flexible PE fare for a flight departing within 5 days so was definitely within the upgrade window.
@Far Siren
My apologies. You weren't confusing, I was confused.
Now that I see your screen shot, plus your added info, I understand.

I also looked at my recent upgrade requests and screen shots. Mine showed available as well, I requested, credits were "held" and I waited.... because I booked the ticket and made the upgrade request before my window opened. As soon as the window opened, the UG cleared. And for this flight, it was R8 when the window opened. (and as SEMM on CO fare)

So, if you bought PE "O", I assume it should/would have cleared right away. What was the R space at the time of your request?

Thus you may be right about the website and a technical issue.

I know there are others here who know more than I do, or have more diverse experience. My status and UG experiences may color my perspective.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
What was the R space at the time of your request?
No worries! R space was zero, and IIRC the J cabin was showing something like J4 C4 D3 Z0 P0 R0 I0 which is why I was surprised the upgrade was showing as available in the first place.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is this new? I don't remember seeing the 2099 before.

Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is this new? I don't remember seeing the 2099 before.
I guess infinity isn't a number, nor is "never expires" a number... but 2099 means they assume you won't be alive by then?
Maybe it's like the UFPs where it says you have 9,999 credits left or whatever the number is/was.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I guess infinity isn't a number, nor is "never expires" a number... but 2099 means they assume you won't be alive by then?
Maybe it's like the UFPs where it says you have 9,999 credits left or whatever the number is/was.
But it said something different before, didn't it?

Do I think I'll be alive in 2099? No. But there are people who will be.

Also, "Your points never expire as long as you have Elite status" is accurate. I think that's what it used to say. Maybe it mentioned a credit card too?

2099 is not. Sure, I will always have status. But being told today your points are good through the end of the century, only to have the number change to 2023 when your status lapses in January, is a bit misleading.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
But it said something different before, didn't it?

Do I think I'll be alive in 2099? No. But there are people who will be.

Also, "Your points never expire as long as you have Elite status" is accurate. I think that's what it used to say. Maybe it mentioned a credit card too?

2099 is not. Sure, I will always have status. But being told today your points are good through the end of the century, only to have the number change to 2023 when your status lapses in January, is a bit misleading.
Uh, sure!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:51 pm

I just tried using an e-coupon to pay the new fare for a booking change and I get the error
"The value of your Air Canada Gift Card/Travel Voucher/eCoupon must cover the entire amount of your purchase. The value you've entered is $150.00."
My understanding of that is that I could only use the $150 ecoupon for a purchase worth under $150. But that can't possibly be right no??
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:52 pm

It's a brand new booking? You should be able to use one eCoupon and one other form of payment.

If it's using a previous booking credit, that counts as one FOP, and an eCoupon would be your second.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:19 pm

It's a change to an existing booking. I thought I'd be able to use 2 FOPs, the ecoupon+ a CC to pay the difference.

Why would the ecoupon need to cover the entire amount of the purchase? I imagine this is just a website issue and I'll have to call in later to get the change made.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by bcnfish
It's a change to an existing booking. I thought I'd be able to use 2 FOPs, the ecoupon+ a CC to pay the difference.

Why would the ecoupon need to cover the entire amount of the purchase? I imagine this is just a website issue and I'll have to call in later to get the change made.
The existing booking is one FOP. You can only have 2 FOPs. Calling is not going to change this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:25 pm

The existing booking is one FOP. You can only have 2 FOPs. Calling is not going to change this.
Oh wow that sucks. I always figured it was 2 per transaction.

Thanks for the heads up
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:06 pm
Suspended

This is a bit of a combo post - perhaps website issues, expiry date fun and other stuff. Some or all of these also affect others.

First is a screen shot from the main AC page just after login. The second screen shot is when you click "My Activity" and it takes you to the main Aeroplan page.

Two things:

1. See the words "Aeroplan Super Elite" and how it spills over into "Credit Card Holder". It used to match exactly what you see on the second screen shot where it displays "SUPER ELITE" with no spilling. I spoke to AC about it and I have no idea who changed the font and wording but since the word and logo for Aeroplan is directly above on the card, there is no reason to repeat it again, plus spillage. (And yes, I get that this is FWP.)

2. The total Aeroplan points do not match. The exact same thing happened a few weeks ago and it seems to be the SE Bonus points in both cases. The activity page details show the SE Bonus points for the flights. The points for one of the RT flights is not included in the amount on the Aeroplan page, but they are included in the total on the AC main page. Apparently 2 separate flights are posting at the exact same time.

Like others, it seems my points will expire after I do.

In unrelated news......

And....

Hmmmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.