Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Schedule Updates - frequency changes, resume/suspend routes, etc (Aug 2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Updates - frequency changes, resume/suspend routes, etc (Aug 2021 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
This is a year round route, however in this environment, don't assume that a year round route means it's more stable.
totally agree, nothing is a given. Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH Sen
Is there a time limit/deadline as to how long a passenger can cancel a reservation prior to a flight without forfeiting the ticket/value of the ticket? (i.e. if I were to cancel a flight tomorrow morning for a flight in the evening, would I still get a voucher from AC for the value of the tix I bought?) I recall reading somewhere that it was 2 hours prior to flight time.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by msat
Is there a time limit/deadline as to how long a passenger can cancel a reservation prior to a flight without forfeiting the ticket/value of the ticket? (i.e. if I were to cancel a flight tomorrow morning for a flight in the evening, would I still get a voucher from AC for the value of the tix I bought?) I recall reading somewhere that it was 2 hours prior to flight time.
Depends on your ticket. Eg. My PY lowest ticket requires me to cancel before checkin cutoff (T-45). Check the PDF of your original ticket.
msat likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Bit surprised that these are restarting although looking at the loads on GRU it is relatively full. BOG seems less full but I reckon the belly goes out full every time. I have postponed a trip to Chile in February a year - wondering if YYZ-SCL will start up as planned?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
No longer seeing HNL-YYZ nonstop available for sale on 1/14. Looks like it's going Sun/Fri until 1/9.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
No longer seeing HNL-YYZ nonstop available for sale on 1/14. Looks like it's going Sun/Fri until 1/9.
Rats. I've got a nice reward booking on that flight. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Rats. I've got a nice reward booking on that flight. Thanks for the heads-up.
This is disappointing but not surprising. YYZ-OGG flights (which I planned to use frequently) were removed from the schedule a few weeks ago. I was hoping that YYZ-HNL might remain as a somewhat helpful fallback. That turned out to be wishful thinking.

Maybe worth mentioning that both these routes are still showing as operating for the months of March and April. But I wouldn't bet on these not being cancelled as well.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Looks like HKG - YVR (AC8) is being cancelled after Jan 19 and HKG - YYZ (AC16) is being cancelled after Jan 21...
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Looks like HKG - YVR (AC8) is being cancelled after Jan 19 and HKG - YYZ (AC16) is being cancelled after Jan 21...
where are you seeing this?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Not seeing that... I see YYZHKG going to 1x weekly and YVRHKG going to 2x weekly for a while.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by D582
Not seeing that... I see YYZHKG going to 1x weekly and YVRHKG going to 2x weekly for a while.
Flights were cancelled. AC16 cancelled after Jan 21, starting back up on March 4.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Flights were cancelled. AC16 cancelled after Jan 21, starting back up on March 4.
I'm seeing hearsay for similar on Facebook. AC 7 cancelled until early March. Apparently, one ticket holder was rebooked on AC 63 (YVR–ICN), with a connection to HKG.

I was thinking of making a trip to HKG in late January/February, but looks like that's off the books now!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I wonder if AC pro-actively made the decision to cancel the HKG flights given the list of other airlines and routes I saw posted in the last few hours on SCMP and Twitter aviation pages, which also noted as of yesterday, restrictions on non-Chinese air crews. BA LHR-HKG has no flights until Mar 1 and so on.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:18 am

I have a round-trip to Havana booked from Feb 6-16. When I went on the AC app today, it shows the flights as cancelled. However, I haven't received an email from them about my reservation and when I look at the updated AC schedule (effective as of Jan 6) the flights are still there. Wondering if it's just a glitch in the app?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I wonder if AC pro-actively made the decision to cancel the HKG flights given the list of other airlines and routes I saw posted in the last few hours on SCMP and Twitter aviation pages, which also noted as of yesterday, restrictions on non-Chinese air crews. BA LHR-HKG has no flights until Mar 1 and so on.
AC crews don’t leave the aircraft in HK, so I don’t think the new quarantine rules should have affected AC crew. It’s also Chinese New Year period when they cancelled the flights…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.