Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Schedule Updates - frequency changes, resume/suspend routes, etc (Aug 2021 onwards)

Schedule Updates - frequency changes, resume/suspend routes, etc (Aug 2021 onwards)

Old Dec 23, 21, 1:10 pm
  #211  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by ChrisA330 View Post
This is a year round route, however in this environment, don't assume that a year round route means it's more stable.
totally agree, nothing is a given. Thanks
fishingcarlos is offline  
Old Dec 23, 21, 3:36 pm
  #212  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: YOW
Programs: HON Circle
Posts: 66
Is there a time limit/deadline as to how long a passenger can cancel a reservation prior to a flight without forfeiting the ticket/value of the ticket? (i.e. if I were to cancel a flight tomorrow morning for a flight in the evening, would I still get a voucher from AC for the value of the tix I bought?) I recall reading somewhere that it was 2 hours prior to flight time.
msat is offline  
Old Dec 23, 21, 3:46 pm
  #213  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AP AS BA
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by msat View Post
Is there a time limit/deadline as to how long a passenger can cancel a reservation prior to a flight without forfeiting the ticket/value of the ticket? (i.e. if I were to cancel a flight tomorrow morning for a flight in the evening, would I still get a voucher from AC for the value of the tix I bought?) I recall reading somewhere that it was 2 hours prior to flight time.
Depends on your ticket. Eg. My PY lowest ticket requires me to cancel before checkin cutoff (T-45). Check the PDF of your original ticket.
msat likes this.
fbrdky is online now  
Old Dec 24, 21, 7:13 am
  #214  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Edmonton/Calgary/Vancouver
Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 1,121
Bit surprised that these are restarting although looking at the loads on GRU it is relatively full. BOG seems less full but I reckon the belly goes out full every time. I have postponed a trip to Chile in February a year - wondering if YYZ-SCL will start up as planned?
EdmFlyBoi is offline  
Old Dec 27, 21, 9:19 pm
  #215  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: UA Nothing (Former Gold), Global Entry
Posts: 731
No longer seeing HNL-YYZ nonstop available for sale on 1/14. Looks like it's going Sun/Fri until 1/9.
Taoyuan is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:14 am
  #216  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by Taoyuan View Post
No longer seeing HNL-YYZ nonstop available for sale on 1/14. Looks like it's going Sun/Fri until 1/9.
Rats. I've got a nice reward booking on that flight. Thanks for the heads-up.
Tax Dude is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 5:06 pm
  #217  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: OGG, YYC
Programs: AA, AC
Posts: 3,675
Originally Posted by Taoyuan View Post
No longer seeing HNL-YYZ nonstop available for sale on 1/14. Looks like it's going Sun/Fri until 1/9.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Tax Dude View Post
Rats. I've got a nice reward booking on that flight. Thanks for the heads-up.
This is disappointing but not surprising. YYZ-OGG flights (which I planned to use frequently) were removed from the schedule a few weeks ago. I was hoping that YYZ-HNL might remain as a somewhat helpful fallback. That turned out to be wishful thinking.

Maybe worth mentioning that both these routes are still showing as operating for the months of March and April. But I wouldn't bet on these not being cancelled as well.
After Burner is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 1:49 pm
  #218  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Posts: 1,814
Looks like HKG - YVR (AC8) is being cancelled after Jan 19 and HKG - YYZ (AC16) is being cancelled after Jan 21...
Jebby_ca is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 2:01 pm
  #219  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Programs: MR Platinum
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
Looks like HKG - YVR (AC8) is being cancelled after Jan 19 and HKG - YYZ (AC16) is being cancelled after Jan 21...
where are you seeing this?
CS300 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 2:59 pm
  #220  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: YYZ/SFO
Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Posts: 2,955
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
Looks like HKG - YVR (AC8) is being cancelled after Jan 19 and HKG - YYZ (AC16) is being cancelled after Jan 21...
Not seeing that... I see YYZHKG going to 1x weekly and YVRHKG going to 2x weekly for a while.
D582 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 9:39 pm
  #221  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Posts: 1,814
Originally Posted by D582 View Post
Not seeing that... I see YYZHKG going to 1x weekly and YVRHKG going to 2x weekly for a while.
Flights were cancelled. AC16 cancelled after Jan 21, starting back up on March 4.
Jebby_ca is offline  
Old Dec 29, 21, 10:19 pm
  #222  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Programs: IHG Diamond, Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,180
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
Flights were cancelled. AC16 cancelled after Jan 21, starting back up on March 4.
I'm seeing hearsay for similar on Facebook. AC 7 cancelled until early March. Apparently, one ticket holder was rebooked on AC 63 (YVRICN), with a connection to HKG.

I was thinking of making a trip to HKG in late January/February, but looks like that's off the books now!
King Chung Huang is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 10:01 am
  #223  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 18,878
I wonder if AC pro-actively made the decision to cancel the HKG flights given the list of other airlines and routes I saw posted in the last few hours on SCMP and Twitter aviation pages, which also noted as of yesterday, restrictions on non-Chinese air crews. BA LHR-HKG has no flights until Mar 1 and so on.
24left is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 10:18 am
  #224  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
I have a round-trip to Havana booked from Feb 6-16. When I went on the AC app today, it shows the flights as cancelled. However, I haven't received an email from them about my reservation and when I look at the updated AC schedule (effective as of Jan 6) the flights are still there. Wondering if it's just a glitch in the app?
CanadianInEcuador is offline  
Old Dec 30, 21, 10:37 pm
  #225  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Posts: 1,814
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I wonder if AC pro-actively made the decision to cancel the HKG flights given the list of other airlines and routes I saw posted in the last few hours on SCMP and Twitter aviation pages, which also noted as of yesterday, restrictions on non-Chinese air crews. BA LHR-HKG has no flights until Mar 1 and so on.
AC crews dont leave the aircraft in HK, so I dont think the new quarantine rules should have affected AC crew. Its also Chinese New Year period when they cancelled the flights
Jebby_ca is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread