Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
What is the birthday perk thing?

Some Aeroplan members are offered a selection perks via an email on or around their birthday.

Does everyone get this offer on their birthday?

No. The offer seems to be targeted somewhat randomly. You may get it one year, but not the next. No one here understands for sure how the offer is awarded.

So, what are these perks?

The offers seem to vary, but as of the last Wiki edit, here is a summary of the ones reported:

25% OFF BASE FARES + A PREFERRED SEAT
When you book a domestic, transborder, or Caribbean flight by XXX for travel by YYY (subject to availability)

EARN 5X ON A BIRTHDAY RIDE!
Earn 5X the points on your next Uber Comfort, UberXL, Uber Premier or Uber Black ride by XXX

UP TO 10% OFF VACATION PACKAGES
When you book a vacation package with Air Canada Vacations® to select destinations by XXX for travel by YYY.
Note: As of last Wiki edit, this appears to have been replaced by the following ACV offer:

UP TO 8,000 BONUS PTS ON VACATION PACKAGES
Spend up to $999 per member for 2,000 bonus pts, spend $1,000‑$1,999 for 3,000 pts, or spend $2,000+ for 8,000 pts.

500pts
With a purchase of $50 or more via the Aeroplan eStore.

100pts
Celebrate simply! Get 100 bonus points (250 points for some) for your special day.

The following perk was reported shortly after the birthday perk was launched, but appears to be no longer offered:

500pts
When you load your linked Starbucks Rewards account with $50 or more.

Sounds great! So, do I get ALL of those perks?

No, you get your choice of one of them.

Is there a catch?

Sort of. Several of the perks come with date restrictions. The 'XXX' date referenced above is usually about 30 days after your actual birthday. The YYY date is usually about 7 months after your birthday. More or less. And the 25% off can't be used for J fares.

Print Wikipost

Aeroplan birthday perk

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by Wigg
72 hours is 3 days, so...... And it's AC so YMMV.
I click the link again and I received the email 6 hours later - maybe I didn’t log in to the account and the email isn’t triggered.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (P); Marriott Plat; Accor Plat; KQ Plat
My birthday is in 48h. Let see if I will get something this year.

Since yesterday, my Aeroplan dashboard displays a new message: "Happy birthday [x]. We wish you all the best!". Well, I wish myself more love from AC and some birthday perks this year.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:08 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Just got my AC birthday reward, on my actual birthday even! That's two years in a row, but I wouldn't extrapolate anything from that.

The ACV offer is now different than what was mentioned in the Wiki (can't edit the Wiki - 500 error):

UP TO 8,000 BONUS PTS ON VACATION PACKAGES
Spend up to $999 per member for 2,000 bonus pts, spend $1,000‑$1,999 for 3,000 pts, or spend $2,000+ for 8,000 pts.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Mar 2, 2024 at 12:49 pm
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
keep getting an ERROR

when I select the 25% off option, keep getting an error message

We’re sorry! There seems to be a problem.
Please close this page and try again.

tried several times butthe same message. Any one else had this issue?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Retired FF
when I select the 25% off option, keep getting an error message

We’re sorry! There seems to be a problem.
Please close this page and try again.

tried several times butthe same message. Any one else had this issue?
Kept getting the same error page yesterday, but email confirming my selection arrived several hours later.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:11 am

Got the birthday promo this year. Got it in 2023 as well (used for 25% off), but not 2022.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skyyyz
Kept getting the same error page yesterday, but email confirming my selection arrived several hours later.
seems that there was a glitch in the system and we were able to register for the 25% off now. It does NOT however apply to Business Class. But still a good deal given that a preferred seat is included
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:10 am

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Received my first birthday perk recently. The options were the same as the wiki except there was no Starbucks offer and instead of 10% off a vacation package it was bonus points as follows:
​​​​​​ Spend up to $999 per member for 2,000 bonus pts, spend $1,000‑$1,999 for 3,000 pts, or spend $2,000+ for 8,000 pts.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 9:48 am

I got one? 🎉

I think the 25% is the only one I’d consider. Unless I’m going to let it lapse anyway. It’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! 😆✌️🇨🇦

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 22, 2024 at 9:51 am Reason: Fixed formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.