Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
I am including the link and full text of the AC Press Release issued on March 31 2021 so we have a record of the exact wording.
Mods are free to move this into a post with a reference note in the wiki.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-03-31-Air-Canada-Further-Extends-Aeroplan-Elite-Status-and-Provides-Additional-Flexibility-for-All-Members

Air Canada Further Extends Aeroplan Elite Status and Provides Additional Flexibility for All Members
  • Members will enjoy their current Elite Status through the end of 2022
  • Validity of all Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 extended by one full year, and valid for use until October 2022
  • Other flexible policies, including a pause on points expiry, also extended
MONTREAL, March 31, 2021 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today announced several updates for Aeroplan Elite Status members, ensuring their status remains in effect, to give them flexibility and certainty. The changes include the extension of current Elite Status until the end of 2022, in addition to a previous extension through 2021, as well as the possibility to accelerate their status qualification in the years ahead.

"Loyalty is a two-way street, and we understand and appreciate why so many of your travel plans are interrupted this year. For that reason, we are automatically extending Aeroplan Elite Status for an additional year—through to the end of 2022," said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce at Air Canada. "These changes are some of the many ways we're recognizing our members and demonstrating our commitment to welcoming them back onboard, whenever it's the right time for them to travel again."

This is the second year Air Canada has extended the status of its Aeroplan Elite members. In order to provide greater ease and flexibility, changes for Aeroplan Elite Status members include:

Automatic extension of 2021 Aeroplan Elite Status
All Aeroplan Elite Status for 2021 will automatically be extended through to the end of 2022.

Priority Reward Vouchers also extended
Air Canada is also extending the validity of all unused Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 by one full year, making them valid for use until October 2022.

Elite Status Qualification Jumpstart for 2022
For Aeroplan members who earn any Elite Status through their 2021 flight activity, the Status Qualifying Miles, Segments, and Dollars earned in 2021 will be honoured the next year, jumpstarting their status qualification in the years to come.

These improvements come in addition to other changes for all Aeroplan members:

Change or cancel Flight Rewards, free of charge
Aeroplan flight rewards booked through April 30, 2021 (for travel through April 2022) can be changed or cancelled free of charge, at any time. Members who opt to cancel will receive all of their Aeroplan points back in their account, plus a full refund of any associated taxes, fees and surcharges on the unused value of their travel.

Temporary pause to expiration of Aeroplan points
We have further paused expiry of Aeroplan points until January 31, 2022. This means that between now and January 30, 2022, any points which would have expired will not. Effective January 31, 2022, our recently improved expiration policy will apply, meaning that points will expire if an eligible transaction has not been completed prior to this date.

For more information, please visit this page.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Mine also posted as of several hours ago. Wonder if we're the last batch or if there's still more to come
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
My backend (on 3 AWS servers) can process hundreds of thousands of transactions PER SECOND and complete 99% of those transactions in under 1ms.
What does that have to do with AC/AP backend systems? The issues with flight activity posting and missing SQx are well documented as are many of their other IT issues. Both status bump and CC rollover occurred in batches over a number of days so this is hardly a surprise.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Just got my SQx rollover as well - with >50k SQD, the AC site says that I’ve passed each threshold level possible for priority rewards, but no priority rewards credited… yet. Same for eups so let’s see if they credit over the next day or two!
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just a PSA to my fellow late bloomers: My rollover SQx just posted.

cc: EdmFlyBoi bakersdozen yyzgigi TheCanuckian politico_pk
Mine posted as well, along with 60 eUpgrades. My numbers are slightly off and there are priority rewards and threshold gifts that haven't been added. Wondering how long I should wait to try and address this...

YSJ8ed likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Mine also posted this afternoon. Not sure if anyone else is still waiting.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Titanium
Late last night I got my base rollover SDM, SQS and SDS added to my dashboard. The proper name of these from my Activity Tab is "Elite Status qualification jumpstart for 2022". These were the same amount as I earned in 2021.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 24, 2022 at 12:26 am Reason: Carved out from broader post in other thread
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
As if there was any doubt...

It's like a 1-month late Christmas-miracle (for those who celebrate)! In the words of Dickens: "I haven't missed it. The Spirits have done it all in one night [month]! ... Of course they can." I try not to be Scrooge-ey but, I'm appreciative nonetheless. Thank you!!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:53 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: a number of posts that had diverged in to a discussion of threshold gifts have been moved to the threshold gifts thread.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
"almost half" is highly dependent on what you did last year.

I had well over 100k SQM and about 19.6k SQD, so with the flights I took yesterday, I just requalified.

This thing is crazy.

I had not paid too much attention, and I expected 2022 might go back to a "normal" year. But yes, my 2021 flying ended up rolled over a couple of days ago. What I had previously apparently was from Amex. So now, over 100k, and around 10,000 SQDs.

This should be a year for lots of miles on low prices. Ending with the SQDs will be a breeze, but getting to 3MM before I get too old won't be that easy... :-)
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Show off

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi

Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yvr76
Show off
Ya...lol...I know.

Has anyone received priority awards from 2022 for passing SQD thresholds having already received them in 2021. I am wondering if there will be 6 more coming my way.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Ya...lol...I know.

Has anyone received priority awards from 2022 for passing SQD thresholds having already received them in 2021. I am wondering if there will be 6 more coming my way.
With the SQM rollover, my CIBC Black card boost and 25k SQM / 3000 SQD CC promo, I started the year at 85,000 SQM but I'm only at 6200 SQD. I'm guessing since they basically are letting you take 2 years to quality there won't be any more promos, but looks like I'll be flying some high revenue fares this year!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
My 2021 rollover SQs are not showing up in the app for some reason — just the browser (mobile included.)
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by talkeryxu
My 2021 rollover SQs are not showing up in the app for some reason — just the browser (mobile included.)
Have you tried signing out and back in?
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Have you tried signing out and back in?
Oof, that did it. Thank you.
WesternCDN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.