Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Variable Pricing - Post your search results here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Variable Pricing - Post your search results here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyElite
If you are 25K or above, booking the flex PE would probably be a way better deal, securing instant upgrade to I using 13 credits, assuming there is R space.
I'm not sure I understand how would that be a better deal than a Latitude reward? Both can be upgraded anytime for 13 credits assuming status and R space. And, the Premium Economy Flexible reward is an extra 5600 miles over Latitude, in this example.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just found a YYZ-YVR in J lowest for 123.2K. And I didn't need to search very hard.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just found a YYZ-YVR in J lowest for 123.2K. And I didn't need to search very hard.
Which is why latitude is an infinitely better deal. Honestly, the sweet spot for J lowest is Europe, I'm seeing a ton of ~50K one-way redemptions.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I'm not sure I understand how would that be a better deal than a Latitude reward? Both can be upgraded anytime for 13 credits assuming status and R space. And, the Premium Economy Flexible reward is an extra 5600 miles over Latitude, in this example.
I am still trying to understand all the new program nuances at this point, but if I understand your point here, booking a Latitude award and then upgrading at the same time secures you a Business class seat (I am E75) provided R space is available. I am looking at 2 one ways from HND-YYZ next October - Priority Latitude Rewards are 35,700 each, while Business Lowest on the same flight is 359K each ! Upgrades would be 2 x 13 e-ups each ?

CC
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I am still trying to understand all the new program nuances at this point, but if I understand your point here, booking a Latitude award and then upgrading at the same time secures you a Business class seat (I am E75) provided R space is available. I am looking at 2 one ways from HND-YYZ next October - Priority Latitude Rewards are 35,700 each, while Business Lowest on the same flight is 359K each ! Upgrades would be 2 x 13 e-ups each ?

CC
Yeah, that's the way I read it. The new eUpgrade chart shows International eUpgrades to Business from Latitude flight rewards on flights 5,001 miles+ in distance cost 13 eUps each way (and 2 × 13 = 26 return). So, as along as you have the credits and there's space, it seems like a great deal compared to redeeming for a Business class flight reward.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just found a YYZ-YVR in J lowest for 123.2K. ....

Time for hidden city ticketing.
On a random date, YVR-YYZ-Maritimes was 10k less than YVR-YYZ same flights.

I'm sure there's better examples out there.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck

CC
Sure, but you need eups that are valid until next October. I don't believe they've been released yet. I have some expiring in May; should be fixed soon though when we get the 2021 benefits. When they were released last year many of the latitude flights I was looking at to Europe had no R space left, so act as soon as you get the valid ups!
Captain Canuck likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Sure, but you need eups that are valid until next October. I don't believe they've been released yet. I have some expiring in May; should be fixed soon though when we get the 2021 benefits. When they were released last year many of the latitude flights I was looking at to Europe had no R space left, so act as soon as you get the valid ups!
I have some expiring Feb 2022.

I have more coming as soon as they credit my flights from late October.

I have a credit card that allows rolling over 50.

I'm sure others have some of the above.
expert7700 and Captain Canuck like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Good point on the e-up expiry - had not considered that. Given that AC will allow for cancellations of AP reward bookings until end of year at no cost, I may go ahead and book as Latitude seats now and apply e-ups once the new ones arrive. The other option as Cow notes is the Credit Card with rollover option.

Appreciate the insight.

CC
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:22 am

Anyone has the old miles chart so I can compare the value please?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I did an experiment based on SkyElite’s posts:

Booking PE Flex (using aeroplan), I was able to instantly clear into I using 13 credits for YYZ-PEK.

Cancelled the PE Flex booking. I made a Latitude (aeroplan) booking and using eUpgrade for business was not even an option (“not available”) for the same flight, same date.

Im also P25K.

So I would at least entertain the thought that at least with Aeroplan bookings, booking PE Flex has a higher priority than booking Latitude Y, when it comes to using 13 eUpgrade credits to upgrade into Business.

And this is the issue: latitude Y books into X... see screen shot below

Last edited by theOtherHolmes; Nov 12, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by tracon
Time for hidden city ticketing.
On a random date, YVR-YYZ-Maritimes was 10k less than YVR-YYZ same flights.

I'm sure there's better examples out there.
YYC-YVR for several dates I've been looking for at around 2-weeks out was 15,600 lowest one way Economy, but if I did the same YYC-YVR, then added YVR-SEA leg, the total cost for both flights came down to only 8,000. Of course, using Aeroplan miles for hidden city ticketing is verboten and would be ill-advisable on a regular basis, but this shows the ludicrousness of the new dynamic pricing.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Dec 13, 2020 - YVR-HKG
YVR-HKG, Air Canada direct

<Non-Status Y> 35.3 / 40.8 / 50.1
<P25 Y> 32.5 / 38.1 / 47.6
<Non-Status W> 47.0 / 56.0
<P25 W> 43.2 / 52.2
<Non-Status J> 68.1 / 79.6 + $55
<P25 J> 62.5 / 74.0 + $55

Like AC Metal Europe flight, seems like Aeroplan wants to Points-Match other programs on certain markets.
Variable Pricing gives them an angle to attack on this

Perhaps the ~50K is meant to go against 50K BA/EI on TATL and YVR-NRT?

Still, not complaining the 62.5K on YVR-HKG with pandemic restrictions and essential flying

PS. Whomever that threw out the Lat Y Award + E-Up idea, Big Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I did an experiment based on SkyElite’s posts:

Booking PE Flex (using aeroplan), I was able to instantly clear into I using 13 credits for YYZ-PEK.

Cancelled the PE Flex booking. I made a Latitude (aeroplan) booking and using eUpgrade for business was not even an option (“not available”) for the same flight, same date.

Im also P25K.

So I would at least entertain the thought that at least with Aeroplan bookings, booking PE Flex has a higher priority than booking Latitude Y, when it comes to using 13 eUpgrade credits to upgrade into Business.

And this is the issue: latitude Y books into X... see screen shot below
Strange. I don't think the fact that it booked into X should be an issue, as long as the fare product is Latitude. Unless, the eUpgrade tool isn't aware of this somehow?

From the eUp chart posted in the upgrade thread, you should be able to upgrade Premium Economy (Flexible) and Latitude at anytime with 25K status.

Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:28 pm

I was doing some sample queries for a potential one-way YVR -> AKL (or SYD) flight I want to book next October. The Points predictor estimates 75K - 175K for a Business Class ticket. The previous Classic Rewards would have been 80K. The only flights I can find non-stop over the Pacific are 266K and connect in SYD. Even worse, if I book YVR->SYD the price is 620K!

I thought the new system was supposed to do away with this throwaway ticket nonsense?
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by bobbob911; Nov 12, 2020 at 7:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.