Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Highlights from AC Super Elite Focus Group

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Highlights from AC Super Elite Focus Group

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
I hope they keep the shared entrance at YYZ to the domestic terminal. I like the idea of going to the air Canada café before an international flight and getting a hot chocolate to go.

If I know so one in the domestic lounge I can see them before my international flight.
During high-load normal times, the domestic checkpoint can barely handle domestic capacity. The best you could hope for is SFO-style "sir, your flight departs from somewhere else" "I'm just going to a lounge" "oh okay", but CATSA has been shutting a lot of that down in recent years for "security".
Old Oct 15, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
During high-load normal times, the domestic checkpoint can barely handle domestic capacity. The best you could hope for is SFO-style "sir, your flight departs from somewhere else" "I'm just going to a lounge" "oh okay", but CATSA has been shutting a lot of that down in recent years for "security".
Oh how I miss confusing the CLEAR agents at SFO T3 when I show up with an INTL G gate boarding pass and just casually say "Oh I know my flight is in another terminal but I'm just going for a proper cocktail in the AMEX Centurion lounge since the United Club is a dumpster from hell". As you quoted, their answer is always "Oh, okay! Please scan you fingers!"
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by mugatu
Oh how I miss confusing the CLEAR agents at SFO T3 when I show up with an INTL G gate boarding pass and just casually say "Oh I know my flight is in another terminal but I'm just going for a proper cocktail in the AMEX Centurion lounge since the United Club is a dumpster from hell". As you quoted, their answer is always "Oh, okay! Please scan you fingers!"
Is the lounge that bad, or the membership? Only time there a few years ago, I remember it being a glorified frat party with a crowd of young suits who had just done a corp. conference together with staff clearly at wit's end. I couldn't evaluate it objectively, but worst Lounge experience ever.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
with the international express on AC you don’t get the entree anymore, just the starter, salad and cheese. Was much better option before.
I just pig out at the SSL for anything past 8pm. I'd rather sleep on board and get what I pay for, a flat bed seat. It is strange that they offer cheese instead of a dessert though on express service.

Originally Posted by andrewlawton
Hi all,

I had the good fortune to be invited into an Air Canada focus group with a handful of other SEs who've traveled somewhat recently. Thought I would share some of the highlights that came from the product team.

Lounges
  • Announcement on reopening YYC lounge is coming "very imminently"
  • Reopening YUL lounge has been postponed. Plan is tentatively to do "by end of year"
  • Tentative reopening of Signature Suite is Feb. 2021, though this depends on international travel flow and quarantine restrictions
  • In reopening roadmap, Signature Suite reopening will take place before international Maple Leaf Lounges
  • No plan to reopen YYZ AC Cafe at this time (though they seemed receptive to how much everyone in the group said they missed it)
  • Self-scan entry to lounges is in the long-term plan for next 12 months
Onboard Food/Beverage
  • Large wine bottles in J are returning Oct. 15
  • Creme caramel is getting addressed (replaced) "imminently"
  • Boxed meals are planned until at least Feb. 2021
  • The boxed meals are, AC says, more expensive than previous plated option. They asked if everyone felt comfortable/safe with a plated meal and the answer was unanimously yes.
There were lots of other things that were discussed, but these were the tangible things that came from the AC side of the discussion.
That sounds good and judging the reception it seems like plated meals really might return soon. Hopefully they'll offer a choice of boxes in the interim. I do think that they could open the YYZ SSL even with the current regulations, TATLs are beginning to fill up (getting 50-60% LF in J on some flights). But yes, if Canada took an approach like Germany where they rapid test international travellers they would definitely start to see more travellers and AC would then have more options for opening lounges and increasing flight frequencies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.