Wiki Posts
Search

More AC Itin Change Trickery

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2020, 5:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Under normal circumstances, a reduction in connection time is not really grounds for anything, though you probably could have refunded without issue.

These days, they could stop service too LAX entirely and you'd still have a fight on your hands.
So I found their winter timetable and it looks like AC420 isn't starting up until December 17 but I'm booked for the flight for December 11. So this is a straight up cancellation of flight. But I do agree, that I am preparing for a fight for the refund.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'm not sure you've read that right, you should pay closer attention to what that Airport Change actually requires.

...it'll be well into rush hour in Vienna by then, the risk of getting stuck in traffic is just too high.
I'd rather risk rush hour there than attempting to take the train from Vienna city centre to the airport and ending up on an express train to Hungary instead. Did that once. Not my proudest traveller moment.
tobegold likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I'd rather risk rush hour there than attempting to take the train from Vienna city centre to the airport and ending up on an express train to Hungary instead. Did that once. Not my proudest traveller moment.
Vienna, one of my favourite cities, gotta get back there after the world returns to normal, maybe a return to Budapest as well.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I get 6 hours and 36 minutes to get it done though. That should be feasible, right?
Easy peasy. You'll even have 90 minutes if not 2 hours to kill in the lounge @ VIE

Enjoy!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Everyone seems to have missed the fact that he has 6:36 after arriving in YYZ before he departs VIE.

He had a 3 segment itinerary and they cancelled the middle one.
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:16 am

Programs: AC E75K
Everyone seems to have missed the fact that he has 6:36 after arriving in YYZ before he departs VIE.

Lol clearly my attempt at humour failed. (As did several people's attention to detail.)
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC

No, I think you were the only one that missed the joke of an “airport change”
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Does anyone know if the “one free change policy” means per itinerary, or per leg? I have an itin in Flex that had some sked changes, so I would like to readjust, but when I try to change both legs on the website, it shows Flex as Unavailable. But, if I try and change the legs individually, then Flex is available.

I hate calling in, but worried that if I change the outgoing leg, and then go back to change the inbound, the system will want to charge a change fee, as I already had my “one free change”.

Anyone run into anything like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.