Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Booked, Turkish Airlines flight canceled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Booked, Turkish Airlines flight canceled

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's protocol.

I've redeemed millions of miles on flights over the past few years, and when stuff like this happens, I've had AC space opened for me, I've had change fees waived, I've been allowed to exceed MPM, I've been allowed an extra stopover, and I've been allowed to book LH with no YQ.

But I have never had space opened on another airline for me.

IMO, it is not worth with the time and effort to pursue this. Find I space on any dates/airlines/routes that work, and go for that. Try LH with no YQ. Extend your trip by a day. Do something. But trying to get what you want is going to take many hours on the phone, and I think your chance of success is below 10%.
well, by some incredible stroke of luck, the guy i spoke to yesterday was able to find me revenue availability and now we have new tickets for the new dates.

i had asked him yesterday if he could kindly keep monitoring the flights, and he did. and i guess he was able to ticket them today.

quite incredible how above and beyond some agents are willing to go. what a great day
ericw likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rvlcr
well, by some incredible stroke of luck, the guy i spoke to yesterday was able to find me revenue availability and now we have new tickets for the new dates.

i had asked him yesterday if he could kindly keep monitoring the flights, and he did. and i guess he was able to ticket them today.

quite incredible how above and beyond some agents are willing to go. what a great day
Great to hear.
In the last 2 months, I had two AP tickets with TK J segments got cancelled a few days after ticketing, even though the TK flights are still on... A very experienced AP agent told me it happened a lot with TK recently... Also, TK's own M&S award inventory is wonky these days - the saver seats for both TK and AP for many dates disappeared overnight but reappeared a few days later.
rvlcr likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rvlcr

Awesome that an agent was able to help but as others already responded, quite doubtful that any agent was able to force TK to open up award space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.