Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada apologizes after barring passenger flying to see terminally ill husband

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada apologizes after barring passenger flying to see terminally ill husband

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by D582
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Good faith clauses are common in contracts and provide parties a reasonable level of protection against human error, which is the basis of claim in both the article and the past case. There could be reason to challenge the level of liability for errors made in good faith and for the burden of proof for the airline to demonstrate that a good faith effort was made, but the concept of the clause itself is fine and is reasonable that it is there.
A good faith effort was not made. One quick look at the website would have resolved it.

And I can understand not getting punitive damages, but if there's an actual loss due to breach of contract, I'd expect to be made whole.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 6:24 pm

I read many complaints about this type of occurrence and I often wonder if it is the responsibility of one of the lowest paid workers on the front line to remember all the changing regulations. I agree with the comments that further training is required. I often wonder why AC does not provide a second level of support much like when I call a support desk for assistance. I would like to think it would be a win-win situation. Staff are less defensive since they a second level of information to fall back on and customers are happy because solutions arrived in a more timely manner.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by AltaBound
I often wonder why AC does not provide a second level of support much like when I call a support desk for assistance.
Because it would cost more than the bare minimum number of staff they need and there is no financial penalty to not provide that service. It might be different if there was a consequence to denying boarding to a properly documented passenger like there is under the EC261 regulations.
respectable_man likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.