Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Singapore Int'l Bizo Available to Book on AE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Hello All - I was just able to book two tickets for EWR-SIN on Singapore Airlines for November...definitely a first seeing this as an option.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:01 pm

Just booked it thanks to you!!!
yyz-kin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Hello All - I was just able to book two tickets for EWR-SIN on Singapore Airlines for November...definitely a first seeing this as an option.
Fantastic, thanks OP. Checked multiple dates and available Aug-Dec. Booked 3 returns. Any long haul SQ F open (still have over 1M AE points to burn)
yyz-kin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Thanks for the headsup!!! I just booked YYZ-EWR-SIN in J.

Anyone know if YYC-EWR-SIN or YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN is allowable routing? Can I call and add the segments no fee if it is? I obviously could not book YYC-EWR-SIN online...
yyz-kin likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:57 pm

Nope, nevermind, YYC-SIN MPM is: 9,873 and YYC-EWR-SIN is 11,556. Oh well, buy a ticket YYC-YYZ I guess.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by YYC009
Nope, nevermind, YYC-SIN MPM is: 9,873 and YYC-EWR-SIN is 11,556. Oh well, buy a ticket YYC-YYZ I guess.
MPM for YYC-SIN should be 13552.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
MPM for YYC-SIN should be 13552.
Is it?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:46 pm

Actually not surprised. Airlines need new business / bookings now for cash flow & sustainability.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I don't really know a ton about MPMs, so I won't comment on it. What I will say is that I can find availability on the flights I would need to book YYC-EWR-SIN (or YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN) or vice versa, but it won't let me book it.

If you're okay with doing that monster flight only in one direction, you could book a multi-city reward with EWR as a stopover, then it will let you book, say, YYC-EWR (stop)-SIN-SFO-YYC.

To your earlier question about adding the segments, if you're SE and have free changes, there's no fee. If you're not SE, you can use the free cancellation to just cancel and re-book.

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
Actually not surprised. Airlines need new business / bookings now for cash flow & sustainability.
There's really no cash from a points booking like this (even if SQ is getting some YQ out of this, AC won't remit it until after the flight). It's more an acknowledgement that there will probably be a bunch of empty seats, so might as well let people burn off their rewards points (which are a liability) when your opportunity cost is low.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:34 pm

Is it?
13562 YYC-SIN MPM. Flown EWR-SIN nonstop and return few times, it's awesome. I actually also added SIN onwards segments on 3 roundtrips I booked.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 10:08 pm

13562 YYC-SIN MPM. Flown EWR-SIN nonstop and return few times, it's awesome. I actually also added SIN onwards segments on 3 roundtrips I booked.
Yes, I was thinking of adding on DPS or CGK.., could I trouble you for MPM for that? I don't have access to MPM... I don't suppose RGN or CMB is allowed, too many miles? You can PM me so that this doesn't overtake the thread
Old Apr 24, 2020, 10:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Yes, I was thinking of adding on DPS or CGK.., could I trouble you for MPM for that? I don't have access to MPM... I don't suppose RGN or CMB is allowed, too many miles? You can PM me so that this doesn't overtake the thread
You can find MPM using the method described here: Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)
Old Apr 24, 2020, 10:24 pm

I believe DPS, CGK, RGN, CMB should all work. Below is MPM for each (in brackets I've shown approx. actual mileage flown based on GCMAP). Check with AE if routing is valid (i.e. you are not back-tracking):

YYC-DPS: 13,854 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-DPS approx. 12,594)
YYC-CMB: 13,831 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-CMB approx. 13,266)
YYC-RGN: 13,562 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-RGN approx. 12,752)
YYC-CGK: 14,141 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-CGK approx. 12,103)
Old Apr 24, 2020, 10:56 pm

I believe DPS, CGK, RGN, CMB should all work. Below is MPM for each (in brackets I've shown approx. actual mileage flown based on GCMAP). Check with AE if routing is valid (i.e. you are not back-tracking):

YYC-DPS: 13,854 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-DPS approx. 12,594)
YYC-CMB: 13,831 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-CMB approx. 13,266)
YYC-RGN: 13,562 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-RGN approx. 12,752)
YYC-CGK: 14,141 (YYC-YYZ-EWR-SIN-CGK approx. 12,103)

Perfect, I found reward availability for YYC-DEN-ORD-EWR-SIN-CMB on UA/SQ (13,749 miles against MPM 13,831). This was I can spend a day in DEN and ORD along the way (connections are just shy of 24hrs each). I will try calling in the morning to see if I can book that.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:02 pm

Perfect, I found reward availability for YYC-DEN-ORD-EWR-SIN-CMB on UA/SQ (13,749 miles against MPM 13,831). This was I can spend a day in DEN and ORD along the way (connections are just shy of 24hrs each). I will try calling in the morning to see if I can book that.
Awesome however MPM and approx. actual are pretty close to each other so hope it works . Also remember on a return trip, in addition to your point of turnaround (POT), you are also allowed one stopover >24hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.