Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Singapore Int'l Bizo Available to Book on AE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Int'l Bizo Available to Book on AE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
so booked this as well (heard F on Singapore Frankfurt is out there but couldnt find it).
Did you hear just SIN-FRA or also FRA-JFK and return in F?

Wanted to do YYC-LAX-SIN-CMB-BKK-TPE-YVR-YYC but aparently over MPM, as such currently starting in LAX and routing via YVR on the return. Anyone have advice on this issue? How was the YYC-DEN-ORD-EWR-SIN-CMB booked, agent couldnt make that work either. Also was a combo of book online and call in (really call in and agent couldnt see LAX-SIN flight on amadeus, but i could online). Never flown long haul SQ so looking forward to this and to Sri Lanka.
What MPM did agent give you and he/she confirm CMB as POT?

Originally Posted by 42000ft
So let me get this straight....if I book this EWR-SIN reward ticket in J for January 2021 and for any reason, I want to cancel for a refund of my points......my only refund fee would be $30 (because I'm Diamond)??? Is there a catch here or is this truly the deal of the decade?
Originally Posted by lcohen999
That is correct
Agree as lcohen999 mentioned.

You can cancel and refund, or modify any flight reward up until 2 hours prior to the flight and non-refundable fees apply as noted below from Aeroplan website. No charge if you cancel your flight reward within 24 hours of making your booking.

From Aeroplan's website:

PREFERENTIAL RATE ON FLIGHT REWARD FEES

Members with Aeroplan diamond status benefit from a preferential rate on flight reward changes and refund fees:
Changes:
  • C$75.00 (plus taxes) non-refundable fee per direction, per ticket (C$25.00 savings)
Refunds:
  • C$100.00 (plus taxes) non-refundable fee via the Aeroplan Contact Center (C$50.00 savings)
  • C$30.00 (plus taxes) non-refundable fee via aeroplan.com in the Manage Your Rewards section (C$95.00 savings)
https://www.aeroplan.com/status/preferentialperks#/

https://www.aeroplan.com/helpcenter/...-flight-reward

Originally Posted by terbangalways
SQ service is great! But Do note on the slanted sleeping position (except bulkhead) especially on this long haul.
This might be uncomfortable for tall folks.
Agree. One caution on bulkheads is proximity to galleys so can get busy as well as light and noise could be an issue on this long flight.
42000ft likes this.

Last edited by mileageking; Apr 27, 2020 at 11:29 pm
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE
Hello Mileage King i dont know how to do quotes so apologies if this is a jumble.

SQ F mentioned here https://youhavebeenupgraded.boarding...utsche%20Blogs

I am not sure if they determine my POT to be Columbo but i would have thought it was. She said MPM in old system was circa 20k and my route was 21k but that could be wrong. Any thoughts on what to change or say when i call back. Is it possible that because someone else booked yyc-den-ord-ewr-sin-cmb as a one way it would work versus round trip?

Thank you
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
How was the YYC-DEN-ORD-EWR-SIN-CMB booked, agent couldnt make that work either. Also was a combo of book online and call in (really call in and agent couldnt see LAX-SIN flight on amadeus, but i could online). Never flown long haul SQ so looking forward to this and to Sri Lanka.
Agent could not book YYC-DEN-ORD-EWR-SIN-CMB on the phone. Said there was no space in I class on the EWR-SIN leg. HUCA. Same thing. Online still shows as available. Booked EWR-SIN online and then had agent change the ticket to add the segments 'that couldn't be booked online'.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:20 am

Thanks, appreciate it.

I am not sure if they determine my POT to be Columbo but i would have thought it was. She said MPM in old system was circa 20k and my route was 21k but that could be wrong. Any thoughts on what to change or say when i call back. Is it possible that because someone else booked yyc-den-ord-ewr-sin-cmb as a one way it would work versus round trip?

Thank you
Not sure what circa 20k vs 21k means. Did a quick google search and couldn't find anything, maybe some experts here can weigh in.

YYC009 may have booked as one-way, however I don't believe that should matter as I have been able to book few return itineraries.

Aeroplan changed systems and agents are now more restricted to book multi segment itineraries. Having said this, I booked one 10 segment trip last year for travel earlier this year, which I had to cancel due to COVID-19. Also booked three multi-city roundtrips last week and they all included EWR-SIN-EWR segments. MPM that agent gave reluctantly gave me, matched what I showed. All three bookings were slightly below MPM (however borderline). On one itinerary, agent couldn't see availability on SIN-EWR segment, even though Aeroplan website showed available. I booked that segment separately on website at 77,500 miles while agent was still on phone, gave him PNR and he worked with ticketing folks to include that segment and also refunded 77,500 back to my account.

If you do call back, maybe insist with agent that trip should be within MPM (YYC-CMB MPM noted earlier in thread). Once agent is aligned that routing is valid, then you can go through confirming availability for each segment. If there is one segment that agent does not see but you are able to book separately on Aeroplan's website, let agent know you can book and give her separate PNR he/she can work with ticketing to merge as well as refund that separate segment miles back in your account.

I know it's a pain and fact you'll spend more time on phone, but could be worthwhile if successful. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by mileageking; Apr 29, 2020 at 4:35 am Reason: Added last sentence
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:31 am

Hello Mileage King i dont know how to do quotes so apologies if this is a jumble.

SQ F mentioned here https://youhavebeenupgraded.boarding...utsche%20Blogs

Thank you
Thanks

I've looked a bunch of dates and coldnt find any but if someone does please let us know!!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Routing/Taxes

Just to add, going YYZ EWR SIN KUL, same return, all in bizo for 131.31 each, it works out to be around a 98% discount...not a bad deal at all!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Seems at least some of this is phantom - getting an error when I try to actually book a LAX-SIN leg that shows as available.

Managed to book a different date though (LAX-SIN for 2 in January). Thanks OP for the heads up!
yyz-kin likes this.

Last edited by krayZpaving; Apr 29, 2020 at 10:57 am
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

I thought it was strange that Singapore offers no PJs. The reason given for this s that, in the airlin3s experience, the majority of people don’t use them....
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
I thought it was strange that Singapore offers no PJs. The reason given for this s that, in the airlin3s experience, the majority of people don’t use them....
Since I bought my SQ F and J flights via Aeroplan, i'll reply here

There are a number of threads on the SQ forum and elsewhere where people either asked why no PJs or complained.

One of the answers posted was along the lines of "I'd rather SQ continue to offer the best meals and service than waste money on PJs".

I agree. Slipper are always given in J even on intra-Asia. In the lav, there are various amenities. As for PJ's, the Lalique ones and full and fancy amenities and kits I received on SQ F were not really up there compared to the LH F, NH F for sure and also BR J.

Either way, I would also want AC to provide better quality slippers on TPAC or better quality eye-shades, but I'd rather airlines spend less on this stuff and more on the cabin and fight experience. In fact, BR J and NH J and F have all the things one needs available in the lavs on the counter. LX even had some items on the counter in their lavs on TATL.
yyz-kin and mileageking like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Food over jammies every time for me. Especially when I can book the cook.
24left and 42000ft like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Food over jammies every time for me. Especially when I can book the cook.
Why not have both? BR does. And better booze too.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:43 pm

On EWR flights, SQ offers create your own kit experience in which pax can select amenities they want and put them in a SQ logo zipper bag.

I travel with carryon only (can't remember last time I checked a bag) and when flying long haul and before boarding, I would already be in comfy clothing meant for traveling which I can sleep in, as well as have extra set of clothes to change into before arrival.

Agree, better in-flight and meal service anytime over PJs (although similar to 24left, I have to say I love my SQ F PJ and NH F PJs & Cardigan . I have flown TPAC & TATL on AC, SQ, NH, TG, OZ, LX, LH and TK but not on BR (only short intra-Asia flights). Based on some of the comments here, I need to try BR long-haul.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Booked - thank you so much OP for sharing this deal!
yyz-kin likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 5:22 am

Sorry, but 18 hours in J is too long for me. The max I would do in J is 12 hours. However I did 16 hours in CX and JL F

So give me F or I'll have to create a stopover somewhere on the way.

Last edited by hoipolloi; Apr 30, 2020 at 2:33 pm
Old Apr 30, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Sorry, but 18 hours in J is too long for me. I've flown The max I would do in J is 12 hours. However I did 16 hours in CX and JL F

So give me F or I'll have to create a stopover somewhere on the way.
All about perspective I guess, as a survivor of a 16 hour flight on AC in economy even 18 hours in J sounds like a god-send to me
monkai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.