Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Phone Lines Customer Service Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SE100K

What is going on with Air Canada's phone lines and why are the hold times so long?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
AC simply does not care about its customers. If they did, this issue (which has been going on for at least 4 months) would have been fixed by now.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: AC 75K
Agree the issues from the reservation system should be fixed, but I'm sure Coronavirus sure isn't helping things.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Agree the issues from the reservation system should be fixed, but I'm sure Coronavirus sure isn't helping things.

The issue predates Coronavirus by several months. I agree that the virus will be making things worse, but it's no excuse. I've had no issues getting through on the phone to agents of other airlines in the last week.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:05 am

Air Canada recently implemented a new leadership structure, and the newly appointed Vice President of Excuse Generation is hard at work. I imagine it will be sometime before we hear from them though.

And always remember - things are never their fault, its' yours!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Air Canada recently implemented a new leadership structure, and the newly appointed Vice President of Excuse Generation is hard at work. I imagine it will be sometime before we hear from them though.
Whoa! I wonder who from this forum got hired for that job! Congrats!
Bohemian1 and leoo like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Coronavirus certainly not helping.
I was stuck in ICN because all flights to Vietnam were cancelled while I was airborne YYZ-ICN and I cannot thank enough the concierge for getting us on a flight via Tokyo for our family of 5.
Then they helped us find our bags as they did not transfer.

​​​​​
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
If they did, this issue (which has been going on for at least 4 months) would have been fixed by now.
Months? More like years or decades.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was on hold for the longest time, then got disconnected. Called back and by that time it was over my 24hr change fee waived window. Agent refused to do anything and said 'supervisors do not take calls' when I requested to escalate.
Then I remembered why it's been years since I've flown with AC. Too bad I have gift cards I need to burn.
rankourabu and expert7700 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, no issues with hold times and or getting calls answered. Have had numerous opportunities to call as many of my booking pre-date Amadeus changeover
and many of my bookings have changed.
Have 3 flights Monday coming and will be updating with AC.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Months? More like years or decades.
Yes, you're right. But it seems to be worse over the past few months.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevflyer
I was on hold for the longest time, then got disconnected. Called back and by that time it was over my 24hr change fee waived window. Agent refused to do anything and said 'supervisors do not take calls' when I requested to escalate.
This may well be a case of going to your credit card. Case of AC violating contractual conditions.
FreedomIsntFree likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or to the CTA.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Stranger
This may well be a case of going to your credit card. Case of AC violating contractual conditions.
​​​​​​
go to the news, and ask AC to take a second look via Twitter. Show them photos of your timestamped phone logs.

Since 95% of people in your shoes just give in, only the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Even if this alienates many customers who leave AC for a few years, they have plenty of others willing to give them $.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The thread title says "Phone Lines Customer Service Concierge", so I am wondering if the OP is also referring to getting through to a concierge via the central concierge number?
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.