Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unable to Search for Awards on Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:14 am
Original Poster

I am currently unable to search for nearly all flights on Aeroplan, despite there being availability confirmed for the specific route pair and date. Every time I would receive the following error message: Your requested itinerary cannot be booked at this time, please try again.

From my research into this issue, it appears that it had to do with some sort of migration Aeroplan did back in November of 2019? Does that mean some accounts did not get migrated (like mine), and hence the inability to search/book any awards? And if that's the case, do I just call Aeroplan to (migrate?) my account so I have the ability to book online?

I appreciate any help and input, this is very frustrating not being able to book online myself.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
You can try calling, but make sure you have the whole day to wait on hold
There is nothing to "migrate" though.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
So any idea what the issue, or what I should tell the agent to do with my account? My co-worker just logged in to his and was able to search and pull up results that I wasn't... so it seems like it's account specific.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by UnitedFTW
So any idea what the issue, or what I should tell the agent to do with my account? My co-worker just logged in to his and was able to search and pull up results that I wasn't... so it seems like it's account specific.
wow, thats a new one - even for AC/Aeroplan IT. Sorry, no idea...
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I'm having the same issue as well. In my case I was planning on transferring points into Aeroplan, and ended up sending them to Lifemiles instead. Ended up paying more miles for the same award (LX), but ultimately needed to grab it when it was available.

In my case, the error was consistent no matter the Origin, Destination or type of award.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by UnitedFTW
That's odd as AFAIK award availability isn't account specific but did you call AP and try and confirm the award through the reservations line? Not as convenient for sure but would be an option.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
You can try calling, but make sure you have the whole day to wait on hold
I don't remember the specifics, but IIRC there was some sort of migration that was required for Aeroplan accounts at the time of the Amadeus switch, and some people had limited access to their accounts for a while. I have no idea what the migration was. Details are likely buried in the Amadeus thread. It is always possible that something got messed up, or it could be a completely unrelated issue.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.