Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC pilots using the term "our company"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC pilots using the term "our company"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
I hope the company doesn’t allow controlled flight into terrain...
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that AC policy limits that to just YHZ and SFO.
TimMinYYZ, flyquiet and YHZ_Flyer like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is being way overthought. It's terminology used throughout commercial aviation to refer to aircraft belonging to the same brand. Has been for 50+ years worldwide.

To the extent that it's remotely an issue, it is a good thing. I hate it when employees refer to "they" when speaking of their own employer.

The real lesson is that no good deed goes unpunished. Had this Captain known his announcement would have generated so much controversy, he would likely have omitted it entirely.
etkuo and Plumber like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Often1
This is being way overthought. It's terminology used throughout commercial aviation to refer to aircraft belonging to the same brand. Has been for 50+ years worldwide.

To the extent that it's remotely an issue, it is a good thing. I hate it when employees refer to "they" when speaking of their own employer.

The real lesson is that no good deed goes unpunished. Had this Captain known his announcement would have generated so much controversy, he would likely have omitted it entirely.
There is no punishment here. Just a perception from an outsider (me) that it sounded weird. Glad to hear that this is aviation lingo. I'm not in the industry.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe they mean that they are in bad company?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Often1

Well said.
"Company aircraft (insert AC type)" . The use of the word company is very common in ATC and cockpit terms.
I highly doubt the pilot intended any disrespect to anyone
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Line up behind the company triple seven...
And mind the jet blast.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by taupo
Well said.
"Company aircraft (insert AC type)" . The use of the word company is very common in ATC and cockpit terms.
I highly doubt the pilot intended any disrespect to anyone
More common when referring to decision making.

The company files the flight plan with air traffic control. In some airports the company decides on the gate assignment across gates that are permanently leased to the company vs gates that are assigned by the airport. It is not uncommon to have the pilot tell air traffic control I waiting on the company to decided "xxxx" vrs a decision the flight crew will make unilaterally on its own or a decsion made by air traffic control or the airport.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC E35K
Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that AC policy limits that to just YHZ and SFO.
I think that's CFOT - Controlled Flight Onto Taxiway
canopus27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.