Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:50 pm
Company Representative, Cowtool

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Seems like the segment viewing error from a couple weeks ago is back. Two of my PNRs are affected again. I wish AC would take their IT seriously and do a massive overhaul.
I assume this is the error message that says "Only report this on FlyerTalk if you can successfully view the PNR on Air Canada's website.", and therefore, you can view them on AC fine?
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cowtool
I assume this is the error message that says "Only report this on FlyerTalk if you can successfully view the PNR on Air Canada's website.", and therefore, you can view them on AC fine?
Correct. Previously I would get the spinning wheel on the AC site but now I can open it and view it but on cowtool I get that error again.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:15 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Has someone ever run into an SQD which seemed too low on cowtool, when the original booking was latitude then subsequently made another payment to rebook into business class?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:33 pm

With a change to the open-source SQD calculator (change documented in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36086137-post822.html ), the PNR tool should now be more accurate at showing SQM when you're flying something like a single-cabin aircraft as part of a J fare.

Please report back if things do not credit as indicated, but based on my own personal experience, it's much more accurate now.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:27 pm

With a change to the open-source SQD calculator (change documented in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36086137-post822.html ), the PNR tool should now be more accurate at showing SQM when you're flying something like a single-cabin aircraft as part of a J fare.

Please report back if things do not credit as indicated, but based on my own personal experience, it's much more accurate now.
I am not sure if the reason for the discrepancy is because of what I reported above (Latitude ticket subsequently changed to Business class by paying extra). But I can now pin better what the discrepancy is. When I view my booking in cowtool, in the bottom section immediately above taxes, the line "Base" fare is showing as 1951 CAD. However when I look at my e-ticket receipt received from AC after I made the change from Latitude to Business, the first line of "Fare Details" is "Air Transportation Charges: 1951 USD". It would seem like there is a currency mismatch which would explain why SQD shown up above in cowtool is less than what I expected?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by escape4
I am not sure if the reason for the discrepancy is because of what I reported above.
No, this is an entirely different issue.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:55 pm

I am not sure if the reason for the discrepancy is because of what I reported above (Latitude ticket subsequently changed to Business class by paying extra). But I can now pin better what the discrepancy is. When I view my booking in cowtool, in the bottom section immediately above taxes, the line "Base" fare is showing as 1951 CAD. However when I look at my e-ticket receipt received from AC after I made the change from Latitude to Business, the first line of "Fare Details" is "Air Transportation Charges: 1951 USD". It would seem like there is a currency mismatch which would explain why SQD shown up above in cowtool is less than what I expected?
If you send me the info I can take a look, but generally speaking if it's showing something like a currency, it's because that's from the data in the PNR/ticket, and therefore unlikely I can fix anything.

Though it's also completely possible I did something wrong and it can be fixed.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:25 am

cowtool I sent you PM for your investigative work. Thank you!
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:31 pm

cowtool I sent you PM for your investigative work. Thank you!
Everything in the PNR says it's CAD. Definitely no way for me to know it's supposed to be USD.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:50 pm

Everything in the PNR says it's CAD. Definitely no way for me to know it's supposed to be USD.
Thank you for taking a look. In your experience with similar cases, do you believe the SQD will post by AC correctly therefore different than cowtool, or you predict the SQD will post as per the PNR therefore not aligned with what I actually paid?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:05 pm

Question UA booking not displaying properly

So, I made a multi-city booking with united. Everything showed up fine on UA website and AC website and app. I then tried to modify a flight by calling them, and after a long wait I was told this wasn't possible due to lack of codeshare agreements. (The flight in question was the return leg from my trip to Bolivia, LPB-BOG-EWR-YYZ, which I wanted to change to LPB-BOG-YYZ. The BOG-EWR leg is the UA one, and EWR-YYZ is AC. BOG-YYZ would've been AC.)
Anyway, they were not able to change my flight but a few hours later the BOG-YYZ flight appeared on my reservation, in addition to the BOG-EWR-YYZ. At this point cowtool gave me the bad booking error. I called them again to fix this error, and the call center employee removed the BOG-YYZ leg, keeping the BOG-EWR-YYZ.
Now, on the UA website the trip shows up like normal (i.e. unchanged), but on the AC website and app, and on cowtool, while it shows with the correct itinerary on this return leg, it's completely missing the outgoing flights (that would be YYZ-PTY-VVI on copa). Why does AC and cowtool no longer see this portion of the flight but united does?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's pretty common for other systems (like Amadeus) to only show data for segments on that airline and the ones immediately before or after.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
Again, I can't thank you enough for the tool. Are there any known issues with international comfort fares displaying incorrectly on cowtool? I have a YYZ-LHR in comfort (booked through CONCUR, as my organization mandates), and it displays as comfort in the AC website, but in cowtool it does not indicate the 115% SQM, etc. I'm trying to discern if this is a glitch in cowtool, or a problem booking an AC flight on CONCUR, or something else. Thanks in advance!

Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by MB24
Again, I can't thank you enough for the tool. Are there any known issues with international comfort fares displaying incorrectly on cowtool? I have a YYZ-LHR in comfort (booked through CONCUR, as my organization mandates), and it displays as comfort in the AC website, but in cowtool it does not indicate the 115% SQM, etc. I'm trying to discern if this is a glitch in cowtool, or a problem booking an AC flight on CONCUR, or something else. Thanks in advance!

Those numbers all come from the open-source Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD .

Unless you (or the community) can figure out a way to consistently translate something like T/THX75IFF to "Comfort", I do not see a path forward for this.

If you send me a PM with your PNR details, I can try to take a look in case there's potentially more data, but right now the calculator just looks at the fare class and fare basis to determine the brand. It's easy on domestic where it would end in "CO". It was historically easy on international where M down to V(?) were Flex. But there isn't even anything obvious in "THX75IFF" to hint that it's a Comfort fare.

Edit: I just realized I have a PM from you. I'll take a look.

Edit: I think I figured out these international fares. It should work now, but it could have completely broken everything. So if anyone sees any earnings that are obviously wrong, please let me know. Thanks for the report. This cowtool would be very basic if people didn't report issues like this.
Aselwyn likes this.

Last edited by cowtool; Apr 2, 2024 at 12:32 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
Those numbers all come from the open-source Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD .

Unless you (or the community) can figure out a way to consistently translate something like T/THX75IFF to "Comfort", I do not see a path forward for this.

If you send me a PM with your PNR details, I can try to take a look in case there's potentially more data, but right now the calculator just looks at the fare class and fare basis to determine the brand. It's easy on domestic where it would end in "CO". It was historically easy on international where M down to V(?) were Flex. But there isn't even anything obvious in "THX75IFF" to hint that it's a Comfort fare.

Edit: I just realized I have a PM from you. I'll take a look.

Edit: I think I figured out these international fares. It should work now, but it could have completely broken everything. So if anyone sees any earnings that are obviously wrong, please let me know. Thanks for the report. This cowtool would be very basic if people didn't report issues like this.

I hadn't sent you a PM, but I will now. I just looked up my booking on the tool, and it's still not showing the correct earnings. You're right that this can't be easy to sort out because AC uses the same fare buckets (M, U, H, Q, V, T, etc.) on several branded fares (comfort, flex, standard). Thanks for taking a look!
Aselwyn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.