Search

Question: Get historic fare quote

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Question Get historic fare quote

Hi guys!

Are there any options to get historic fare information other than ExpertFlyer? I need to get a comparative quote for FRA-YVR-FRA on AC in the summer of 2019 for a travel reimbursement (don't ask, it is totally silly but it is what it is…). EF allows me to pull up the fare rules and base fare but it does not calculate the surcharges and additional tax. Is there any other way to get a ticket price or quote for what I would have paid for a ticket on a given day including tax?

Thanks!
totti
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: *$ Green
Technically, what you're asking is not possible even using EF because you don't know which inventory was available at the time, and there's no history of what inventory was available at the time.

Edit to try to be useful: a lot of the taxes and surcharges are fixed, and for international travel I believe you do not have XG, CQ, etc to pay (or maybe just a bit on SQ charges for domestic legs?). So what you could do is price a the same itinerary (connection airports important), get the total tax, then get EF's lowest fare that you would've fulfilled the AP/MIN/MAX and just tax on the taxes.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Thank you SparseFlyer It is what I thought. But it there at least a way to calculate the surcharges, fees and taxes flying out of FRA on a given day in a given fare class regardless of availability?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by totti
Thank you SparseFlyer It is what I thought. But it there at least a way to calculate the surcharges, fees and taxes flying out of FRA on a given day in a given fare class regardless of availability?
See edited post above
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

SparseFlyer Thank you so much. That's very helpful and hopefully does the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.