Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: eUpgrade Charts No Longer Distinguish by Distance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: eUpgrade Charts No Longer Distinguish by Distance?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
eUpgrade Charts No Longer Distinguish by Distance?

Was just checking out this page and noticed the charts no longer distinguish by distance? Is this intentional and was it ever announced? If so, I seem to have missed it.

Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: AC MM+
on the other charts, such as for South America, it clearly states "upgrades starting at', not sure why it differs for Asia and Australia.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mamau
on the other charts, such as for South America, it clearly states "upgrades starting at', not sure why it differs for Asia and Australia.
Oh good spot.

But even for those that say "starting at", it's kind of annoying / unhelpful that they don't spell out exactly how many credits will be required anymore?

Especially since I also don't think there's a way to preview credit requirements based on specific routing anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: AC SE
You can refer to these charts: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasdou
Thank you but this only has the promotional booking classes.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Thank you but this only has the promotional booking classes.
What exactly are you looking for?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What exactly are you looking for?
If I'm a new customer to AC and plan on booking a flight from YYZ to SYD in YBO and want to know how many credits it will take to upgrade, as far as I can tell, there is currently no way to find that out the answer before booking.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: AC SE
If I'm a new customer to AC and plan on booking a flight from YYZ to SYD in YBO and want to know how many credits it will take to upgrade, as far as I can tell, there is currently no way to find that out the answer before booking.
To be fair, even AC doesn’t seem to know the answer to such questions these days.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
You can always search for the flight on aircanada.com, and enable the eUpgrade filter in “Display Options”. Then it will show you number of credits required based on the fare class you’ve chosen. This can be done from the search results page.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasdou
To be fair, even AC doesn’t seem to know the answer to such questions these days.
Sad but true.

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
You can always search for the flight on aircanada.com, and enable the eUpgrade filter in “Display Options”. Then it will show you number of credits required based on the fare class you’ve chosen. This can be done from the search results page.
Good point. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.