Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Booked AP Ticket for Sister, Can She Call to Change?

Question: Booked AP Ticket for Sister, Can She Call to Change?

Old Jan 14, 20, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Booked AP Ticket for Sister, Can She Call to Change?

I booked an aeroplan mRTW in J out of my AP account for sister, and currently the long haul TPAC on the return leg is in AC Y.

BR J is very likely to open up a few days before her return date. If it does, can she call Aeroplan to change the flight to BR J, provided miles required stay the same (so no extra miles required), and she pays for the change fee out of her own credit card? I donít mind she does it using my CC but not sure if thatís allowed.

TIA!
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes View Post
I booked an aeroplan mRTW in J out of my AP account for sister, and currently the long haul TPAC on the return leg is in AC Y.

BR J is very likely to open up a few days before her return date. If it does, can she call Aeroplan to change the flight to BR J, provided miles required stay the same (so no extra miles required), and she pays for the change fee out of her own credit card? I donít mind she does it using my CC but not sure if thatís allowed.

TIA!
From my own data point(s) booking for others...

The majority of the time I've/they've been told that the account holder can only change... but there have been a handful of times where the person I booked for called in and successfully made a change themselves and had the charges put onto their credit card...

Again, just my data points.

IMHO, YMMV
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I suspect that the OP knows more about this (when upgrade space is likely to appear, how to do it, what the rules and fees should be), so I would think that it would be simpler for him (I assume) to monitor the situation and call to make the change when/if upgrade space appears (and then of course also inform sister and get a confirmation that she received the new flight and ticket details).
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I suspect that the OP knows more about this (when upgrade space is likely to appear, how to do it, what the rules and fees should be), so I would think that it would be simpler for him (I assume) to monitor the situation and call to make the change when/if upgrade space appears (and then of course also inform sister and get a confirmation that she received the new flight and ticket details).
Sure, OP can do whatever they want.

Just conveying my experiences of "able to" vs. "allowed to".
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
While thatís true, my sister is quite capable of checking on aeroplan for the simple TPE-YYZ segment. The problem is sheís willing to change the return date for BR J, and it works better when she can call to change and confirm the ticket in BR J and immediately plan around the date change (eg hotel), if any. So given the 12 or 14 hour difference, I may be sleeping while she finds that precious 1 J seat...
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:57 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes View Post
So given the 12 or 14 hour difference, I may be sleeping while she finds that precious 1 J seat...
Aeroplan may be sleeping too. As far as I know the call centre is open from 7:00AM until midnight ET
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
I have routinely called for other people when they've been in-flight and something better has opened. My name is never on the account or the booking. And sometimes the account holder name isn't on the booking.

It's never been an issue.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I have routinely called for other people when they've been in-flight and something better has opened. My name is never on the account or the booking. And sometimes the account holder name isn't on the booking.

It's never been an issue.
Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: