Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missed Connecting Flight - Land-based Transportation Without Penalty?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I will be flying to Japan from Canada on AC 3 (YVR - NRT) (flying YYJ - YVR first), connecting to AC 6239 (NRT-NGO (ANA-operated)), and then back to Canada on the reverse itinerary. If on the outbound leg to Japan, the arrival of AC 3 into NRT is too late for me to make my connecting flight to Nagoya, could I take the train from Tokyo Narita airport to Nagoya (and therefore not take the next available NRT-NGO flight that I'm assuming I would be rebooked on (because it's the next day and would cause me to lose an entire day in Nagoya)) without the rest of my itinerary (ie. back to YYJ) being cancelled? It's more important for me to make it to Nagoya that same evening (even if I have to pay for the train myself (btw, would it be paid for me? Or would they only be obligated to pay for the next available FLIGHT?)) than have to overnight in NRT and therefore miss an entire day in Nagoya (because the earliest next-day ANA-operated NRT-NGO flight departs NRT at 15:55).
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As OP has asked the same question in the NH forum (what happens to domestic NH flight if arriving Int. Ac flight is late) I'll close this thread as cross-posting is not permitted as per FT Rules.

tcook052
Ac forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.