Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

So are we going to get more AC cafe’s ? Please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So are we going to get more AC cafe’s ? Please?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by martyYOW
I agree - I also think the lack of alcohol helps to keep the crowd level down. If I want a drink I'll head to the MLL or Mill Street.

As for other locations, would be great to have a Cafe (or an express lounge) in YOW TB area (though not sure where they'd find the room).
Now getting off topic.... But YOW TB area general is pathetic. In strong competition with YHZ TB for a place I never want to be :P.

I'm less intune with YOW TB traffic, but if it's as heavily weighted against AC as YHZ is, it'll be a long time before AC cares to support inorganic PAX in a MLL (I guess, assuming *A loung partnerships bill plating or operating carrier's and don't allow for much profit), and never for a cafe, 014/AC metal being rare heading south.
martyYOW likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Now getting off topic.... But YOW TB area general is pathetic. In strong competition with YHZ TB for a place I never want to be :P.

I'm less intune with YOW TB traffic, but if it's as heavily weighted against AC as YHZ is, it'll be a long time before AC cares to support inorganic PAX in a MLL (I guess, assuming *A loung partnerships bill plating or operating carrier's and don't allow for much profit), and never for a cafe, 014/AC metal being rare heading south.
The chances of a YOW Cafe, much less in the TB area, are approaching zero:
  • The YOW+ master plan doesn't show any change to the existing lounge or the TB area. We're getting a concierge office (maybe including check-in?) landside, that is about it.
  • YOW doesn't fit the profile for a Cafe. We get some connecting traffic, but it is fairly minimal. Certainly nothing compared to YYZ/YUL/YVR/YYC. The existing lounge serves the primarily O/D traffic at YOW just fine.
  • AC Rouged the sun destinations. AC out of TB is Rouge & CRJ100s, no mainline. You can't buy a J seat out of YOW TB basically. Not cafe/lounge material.

Last edited by RatherBeInYOW; Dec 18, 2019 at 9:02 am
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
In YYZ?

I can hardly notice a difference. TB tends to be busier and more... Tired? But the services are the same.
TB has: No hot breakfast. No pizza. No... food.
Dom has it all.

That's consistent across the network.

Originally Posted by martyYOW
I agree - I also think the lack of alcohol helps to keep the crowd level down. If I want a drink I'll head to the MLL or Mill Street.
I think the MLL should get rid of the business centre, the kids room, most of the food, the sugary drinks, most of the beer, and everything else I don't use. It'll help keep the crowd levels down. If I want any of those items I'll go somewhere else.

Weird argument to use.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
TB has: No hot breakfast. No pizza. No... food.
Dom has it all.

That's consistent across the network.
I'm sure I've seen at least pizza in the YYZ TB lounge, but then, I don't tough the hot "food" at breakfast, or the cold pizza, anytime.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC SE
I'm sure I've seen at least pizza in the YYZ TB lounge, but then, I don't tough the hot "food" at breakfast, or the cold pizza, anytime.
Yes, definitely. I have seen pizza in YUL, YYZ and YVR TB lounges in the past few months. Cow is right about the breakfast though, much more limited in TB lounges than in Domestic lounges.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yes, definitely. I have seen pizza in YUL, YYZ and YVR TB lounges in the past few months. Cow is right about the breakfast though, much more limited in TB lounges than in Domestic lounges.
Then I'm impressed, and confused why the pizza has never been there when I have.

But yeah, definitely breakfast has been missing in YVR the past many times I've been there.

Needless to say, screw international (where the MLLs are best) and domestic (which are better than transborder).

TB needs love.

it's obnoxious that when I fly to Europe via YYZ, I get the best of the six YYZ AC lounges, but when I return to SFO, I get the worst two of the six.

So if anyone deserves a Cafe, it's YVR and YYZ TB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.