Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2020 Select Privilege Selection- Now Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Select Privilege Selection- Now Available

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Take a look at the below. You only get to select TWO items from the menu below. Isn't it obvious the best choices are the 100% Altitude Bonus and the 50 eupgrade credits?

I really want the free wifi - i find it to be very useful. But I can't decide whether I want the free wifi or the 50 eupgrade credits! It's killing me to think I have to give up 50 eupgrade credits to get the free wifi.

No, it's not obvious.

I have, in the past, selected status for a friend (well, more like family members).
I know others that select wifi. Some people have zero need for extra eUps. I'm fine with what AC is offering... that is, there is choice beyond just eUps and the 100% AP bonus.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's not obvious to me. I'm sitting on 75 expiring eUps, after taking a 2-person TPAC for non-purpose travel, where I used 104.

I took wifi and 100% bonus last year, and I think there's a reasonable chance I'll do it again.

You can buy wifi. You can't buy eUps.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As the cow said, you can't buy eUps, but you can buy WiFi. In theory, you can buy J instead of using eUps, but that's not always practical or cost-effective, especially when compared to the cost of paying for the WiFi instead.

I've expired hundreds of eUps in the past few years, but never know when I'm going to need a big chunk of them. Also, a lot of my expiries are probably threshold eUps that I always earn too early in the year to have them carry over, so I may actually be using a decent amount of the ones that are a select privilege. Would have to do some math on that, but can't be bothered.

Also, re the WiFi, I can't remember ever needingit for personal purposes. When I need it, it's always for work, and I can expense it. Sure, sometimes I might enjoy having it for personal reasons, but enough to pay for it.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm sitting on 75 expiring eUps, after taking a 2-person TPAC for non-purpose travel, where I used 104.
How dare you!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
I take eups and 100% , Lat FP to Europe uses all the EUps, spend the points on family within Canada which can be very expensive travel.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If someone wants me online, they can pay for it.

No one but me is paying to be put up in intersunborder premature rougnass.
canopus27 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Hmmm. I re-qualified. Got nothing on my dashboard.

Good ole AC IT at work. I can wait until Feb 29.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Hmmm. I re-qualified. Got nothing on my dashboard.

Good ole AC IT at work. I can wait until Feb 29.
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you. So that makes the two of us. Just the two of us. AC hates us.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you. So that makes the two of us. Just the two of us. AC hates us.
I think I have outlined my MM fiasco many times. So yes. AC hates me.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
I think I have outlined my MM fiasco many times. So yes. AC hates me.
Lol... yes, you have.

In your case, this hatred might be real.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I was 50K, went to 75K and have since passed 100K, still at 75K and no privilege selection on my dashboard
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:45 am

I took a mileage run round trip flight from Calgary to Toronto on Dec 31 - got me to 50 288 miles for the year (well over the AQD minimum). Hoping to get the 50K status posted before some mid-January travel where I would like to take advantage of Star Alliance Gold status. Any ideas when I might get to select my privileges?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I was 50K, went to 75K and have since passed 100K, still at 75K and no privilege selection on my dashboard
I’m in the same boat and passed 100k pretty early in December.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by yvrnycracer
I’m in the same boat and passed 100k pretty early in December.
crossed 50k mid december, still shows 25k dashboard. next goal: 35k lol
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Flying for the 5th time since crossing 50K back in early December. Seems I’m destined to still be 35K on my flights tmr. I know technically they don’t need to give us our new status til March 1st, but it stings because I missed the first sweep by one day.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Dec 31 flight posted.

So here's to hoping for this weekend...
allbrosca and royal757 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.