FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1995622-what-happened-globe-mail-newspapers-domestic-mll-perhaps-flights.html)

yyznomad Dec 26, 2019 1:34 pm

DP: Yesterday, YYZ Dom MLL and YVR Dom MLL had leftover G&Ms from Xmas eve.

tracon Dec 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31878405)
.... YVR Dom MLL had leftover G&Ms from Xmas eve.

Fresh Boxing Day ones today.

Adam Smith Dec 28, 2019 8:24 am

Only two copies of the Globe on 584 today. Wasn't able to find any in the YYC TB MLL though ;)

Sean Peever Dec 28, 2019 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 31883338)
Only two copies of the Globe on 584 today. Wasn't able to find any in the YYC TB MLL though ;)

Any option for the NYT?

yyznomad Dec 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Last night in the YYC MLL (the Domestic one, not to be confused by the TB one :) ), there were a handful of G&Ms less than an hour to closing (probably slow MLL day).

yyznomad Dec 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Today on 103 Weekend G&M offered.

FlyerGoldII Dec 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Yesterday at around 7:30 pm at domestic YYZ MLL - maybe easily a 100!
Maybe in part due to the fact no National Posts on Mondays?

Also, again the AMEX Plaza Premium domestic lounge yesterday had G and M as well as Toronto Stars.

PS-went to EWR MLL on arrival on Sat early afternoon - went to LGA MLL on departure mid afternoon yesterday - no newspapers at all, forget about whether there are G and M there!

Adam Smith Feb 9, 2020 12:44 pm

On Friday, YYC MLL had a good supply of G&M. Didn't see any in the YEG MLL, but didn't look closely. AC332 had a few.

YUL Dom today, no Globes. Only a handful of copies of Le Devoir and nothing else.

FlyerGoldII Feb 15, 2020 1:53 pm

YOW now as of Jan 1 has press reader app - no paper copies of any newspaper (but if one has the newspaper urge - one can go to the Swissport Aspire lounge now open at YOW).

Arrived at transborder MLL at 3 pm today - several National Posts - no G and M.
On AC 453 from YOW to YYZ in J class - no newspapers distributed

GJS - yow Feb 16, 2020 6:38 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 32075991)
YOW now as of Jan 1 has press reader app - no paper copies of any newspaper (but if one has the newspaper urge - one can go to the Swissport Aspire lounge now open at YOW).

Arrived at transborder MLL at 3 pm today - several National Posts - no G and M.
On AC 453 from YOW to YYZ in J class - no newspapers distributed

I submitted a complaint at the YOW lounge - no newspapers at all, and no warning that there wouldn't be any. The staff there were in the dark - they didn't know if this was system-wide (all lounges , and it is not) or whether or not they would be distributing papers on aircraft.

I have eyestrain from spending too much time in front of a screen. I usually do not watch movies/TV shows on board. I like spending some time with a paper on a flight, and often bring more than one paper from the lounge with me.

What is up with the YOW lounge?

torcellano Feb 16, 2020 8:05 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow (Post 32077834)
I submitted a complaint at the YOW lounge - no newspapers at all, and no warning that there wouldn't be any. The staff there were in the dark - they didn't know if this was system-wide (all lounges , and it is not) or whether or not they would be distributing papers on aircraft.

I have eyestrain from spending too much time in front of a screen. I usually do not watch movies/TV shows on board. I like spending some time with a paper on a flight, and often bring more than one paper from the lounge with me.

What is up with the YOW lounge?

torcellano Feb 16, 2020 8:07 am

I shall also be most annoyed by this. My favourite in-flight activity is doing The Globe's cryptic crossword and the Sudoku puzzle. (the latter especially on Saturdays).

FlyerGoldII Feb 16, 2020 1:13 pm

No newspapers available to be distributed in YYZ- SEA flight yesterday.

It seems that fewer and fewer domestic and trans-border AC flights have newspapers distributed in the business class cabin?

FlyerGoldII Feb 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Lot of G and M in YYZ domestic lounge yesterday around 4 pm- but of course, no National Post.
I am wondering about the supply about G and M in that lounge on other days of the week, in the late afternoon or evening?

FlyerGoldII Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm

No newspapers distributed at all in yesterday's return SEA-YYZ flight, or connecting YYZ-YOW flight.

So all 4 flights- Ottawa- Toronto (X2) and Toronto - Seattle (x 2) - no newspapers.

Is that a new AC policy that no newspapers will be distributed in business class in domestic/transborder AC flights (mainline,express, rouge)?