FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   What happened to Globe and Mail newspapers in domestic MLL (and perhaps flights)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1995622-what-happened-globe-mail-newspapers-domestic-mll-perhaps-flights.html)

yyznomad Nov 19, 2019 5:25 am

Data point:

Yesterday at YYZ Dom MLL there were no newspapers at all, around 6pm.

Right now at YYZ Dom MLL there are stacks and stacks of G&M and NP.

codfather Nov 19, 2019 6:24 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31753531)
Data point:

Yesterday at YYZ Dom MLL there were no newspapers at all, around 6pm.

Right now at YYZ Dom MLL there are stacks and stacks of G&M and NP.

They might be slowly moving to only digital, but I think it is safe to assume that the popularity of G&M is surging right now...

Your post just proves it!

yyznomad Nov 19, 2019 8:30 am

Data point:

YOW MLL only has stacks of NP and the local OC right now

only one G&M remaining! MLL agent here said G&M goes quickly in the morning

yyznomad Nov 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Data point:

Now in YUL Dom MLL and no GM.

Just stacks of NP, MG, and Le Devoir.

Nitehawk Nov 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Received Globe today on AC112. Seat 1C. SD had at least two more Globes in hand and countless National Posts.

FlyerGoldII Nov 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Went to YVR Domestic MLL yesterday around 8:45 am.

Two mini-stacks (of 10 papers each) of G and M.
Seven big stacks (at least 20 papers each) of Vancouver Sun.
No NP - due to it being Monday.

Flew on 9:30 am flight from YVR to YUL
Sitting in 1A. Flight Attendant brought only 2 G and M - I did not need one of course - but I wonder there were additional G and M in a stack somewhere in the galley.

Arrived YUL domestic lounge yesterday at 5:15 pm - no G and M.
Arrived YOW MLL yesterday at about 8 pm - no G and M.

yyznomad Nov 20, 2019 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 31755832)
Received Globe today on AC112. Seat 1C. SD had at least two more Globes in hand and countless National Posts.

Data point:

G&M was offered to J pax on all six flights I did in the last 36 hours. Two mainline transcons and four mainline short hauls.

FlyerGoldII Nov 20, 2019 4:25 pm

I am interested in the availability of G and M in other lounges outside of Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver?

PS-does the YYZ SIgnature lounge ever run out of the G and M?
PPS- the analogy - the Plaza Premium lounges never seem to run out of Toronto Star newspapers.
At one time, they used to carry G and M as well; but they no longer do so.

CdnFlier Nov 25, 2019 12:22 am

YYC MLL rarely has G&M after the morning - it's frustrating, huge stack of the other papers (NP and Herald). Perhaps there should be rejigging of the order amounts. I tend to find YEG is a little better. On the flight to YYZ there were a bunch of G&Ms though.

Bohemian1 Nov 25, 2019 9:54 am

Maybe a better plan is to simply send all the newspapers directly to our homes. At least for SEs.

That way we will have something to read while we are on 'priority' hold with AC.

Nitehawk Nov 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Data point:

Last Saturday I was in the YEG MLL at 19:30 and there were at least 10 G&Ms available.

yyznomad Nov 29, 2019 9:45 am

Data point:

morning rapidair had G&Ms handed out in J and Y.

right now in YUL Domestic MLL there are a few stacks of G&M

biglinguist Nov 29, 2019 9:59 am

data point: all this week, the yvr domestic lounge has had a tiny supply of G&Ms that disappear quickly, and enough unwanted national posts and vancouver suns to build a fort.

yyznomad Nov 29, 2019 10:08 am

Originally Posted by biglinguist (Post 31787864)
data point: all this week, the yvr domestic lounge has had a tiny supply of G&Ms that disappear quickly, and enough unwanted national posts and vancouver suns to build a fort.

Sounds about right. :)

Sean Peever Nov 29, 2019 10:11 am

Is anyone else as amazed as I am that people still 1) read actual paper and 2) read news that happened yesterday?