FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

blue2002 Mar 27, 2023 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 35120913)
At least going to the US, this information is transmitted to CBP, and is required for Global Entry to work. When agents have screwed up my information, GE doesn't work. @expert7700 even had an experience where an agent prematurely offloaded him, and that prevented him from using GE at all, and then he missed his flight.

But I ran into an even worse issue yesterday after checking in with the app.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...058368316c.jpg

So basically I can't use my NEXUS card as a check-in document when flying to the US. So I really want support for two passports.

Thanks for explaining. That makes sense and sucks all at the same time…

SuperCargo Mar 28, 2023 8:46 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 35120913)
At least going to the US, this information is transmitted to CBP, and is required for Global Entry to work. When agents have screwed up my information, GE doesn't work.

Doesn't your Global Entry profile have both passports? I have multiple nationalities but US isn't one of them, so have only attempted to use GE with my Canadian passport, but they have my other passport details in the system. Before they went to facial recognition I thought about trying my other passport in the GE machine to see what happens, but my other nationality would need an ESTA so I decided against it.

canadiancow Mar 28, 2023 10:42 am

Originally Posted by SuperCargo (Post 35123364)
Doesn't your Global Entry profile have both passports? I have multiple nationalities but US isn't one of them, so have only attempted to use GE with my Canadian passport, but they have my other passport details in the system. Before they went to facial recognition I thought about trying my other passport in the GE machine to see what happens, but my other nationality would need an ESTA so I decided against it.

You can't enter the US on a non-US passport if you have US citizenship.

You can enter the US on any passport if you don't have US citizenship. So in your case, sure, use whatever you want. In my case, I have to use the CA passport to enter Canada, and the US passport to enter the US, so it would be really nice to have both on my profile.

bioyuki Mar 30, 2023 9:49 am

Checked in for my first ever AC flight with the app. The BPs issued by the app don't show our UA*G status despite it being in the itinerary. I went to the desktop site, and had BP passes issued there and everything looks fine. Should I print those out and use those instead?

canadiancow Mar 30, 2023 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by bioyuki (Post 35129663)
Checked in for my first ever AC flight with the app. The BPs issued by the app don't show our UA*G status despite it being in the itinerary. I went to the desktop site, and had BP passes issued there and everything looks fine. Should I print those out and use those instead?

It should say "STAR ALLIANCE GOLD" to the left of the barcode. It won't show up under "Frequent flyer" at the bottom.

Stranger Mar 31, 2023 6:20 pm

So when scanning my passport chip, the app reads my date of birth 20xx instead of 19xx. Ends up claiming my date of birth is incorrect and won't continue, since it's in the future...

True that I am getting old, but still, they should not assume someone my age doesn't use a cell phone.

YYJ _SLF Apr 1, 2023 5:58 am

It is insane that I cannot book YYJ - YWG - YYJ in J for two pax on the app or website and have to call AC to book through a person.

It has something to do with the online YYJ - YVR fare basis being incompatible with the online YVR - YWG fare basis that can only be overridden by a person at a higher total fare than the app or website generates.

Truly bonkers.

YYC traveler Apr 4, 2023 1:14 pm

Has anyone else noticed that when viewing a trip itinerary on the iOS app it is often hit or miss whether "Waitlisted for business" shows up or not.

I have two upcoming bookings that are both currently waitlisted according to the Air Canada website and also when viewing the bookings via the apps eUpgrade Dashboard yet there is no indication of that when viewing it itinerary. I have also confirmed the eUpgrade waitlist via the cowtool.

Bohemian1 Apr 4, 2023 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 35143617)
Has anyone else noticed that when viewing a trip itinerary on the iOS app it is often hit or miss whether "Waitlisted for business" shows up or not.

yes. It used to get me concerned, but now I just check on the CowTool just in case. Seems quite random.

MStrople Apr 4, 2023 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 35143617)

I have two upcoming bookings that are both currently waitlisted according to the Air Canada website and also when viewing the bookings via the apps eUpgrade Dashboard yet there is no indication of that when viewing it itinerary. I have also confirmed the eUpgrade waitlist via the cowtool.

I've had the same hit or miss experience. I couldn't figure out why it was there sometimes and not others. More recently it seem to be consistently missing in the app but confirmed via the web or cowtool.

nomadic.relief Apr 4, 2023 4:08 pm

I seem to have lost the ability to book (or even search new bookings) in the app (Android). Crashes every time I click the link. :rolleyes:

canadiancow Apr 4, 2023 4:13 pm

I'm seeing the same thing. Value response of type java.lang.String cannot be converted to JSONObject

iOS seems to work.

Sopwith Apr 4, 2023 6:39 pm

Traveled to the US a few days ago, was able to enter KTN and got PreCheck on the BP even though they don’t do PreCheck at YVR. Checked in today on the app for the return flight from SFO, had to scan passport, but there was nowhere to enter KTN. The BP says Priority Security but not PreCheck. Is this the same?

Now I see from an earlier post in 2019 that you have to enter the KTN in your app profile. Is that still the case?

Didn't have these problems with the WS app, it’s much smoother. Same old AC.

canadiancow Apr 4, 2023 6:45 pm

You should have been able to select NEXUS as your travel document and just check in with that. You might be able to do it if you go to "manage check-in", the passengers tab, and add it there?

I've never had issues checking in from the US. I always get PreCheck.

Sopwith Apr 4, 2023 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 35144442)
You should have been able to select NEXUS as your travel document and just check in with that. You might be able to do it if you go to "manage check-in", the passengers tab, and add it there?

I've never had issues checking in from the US. I always get PreCheck.

I only saw the option to scan passport or enter it manually. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention.