FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

Bucko911 Dec 28, 2019 10:48 am

New Air Canada App and AC Flight Pass App

Mostly just a rant, but I’m wondering if anyone else is as disappointed in the new AC app as I am? I mean seriously, who designed this load of crap? Everything is counterintuitive, and straight up stupid. Good grief, I’m logged into the app and I need to enter the booking reference number to check in? Seriously? The Boarding Pass section is buried under the “More” menu - when it is probably the most used portion of the app. Just a complete waste. The old app sucked, this sucks more.

And then there’s the flight pass App - I don’t know how many of you use this piece of trash, but the graphics and overall design looks like it was done as a Junior High School Project for extra credit.

End of Rant.

Sean Peever Dec 28, 2019 11:47 am

I agree with you on the Air Canada app (minus the check-in, at T-24 a nice little blue check-in button shows on on your booking reference on the default page).

The Flight Pass app, however (which is not new, it's existed like it is for years), I frikkin love. No fancy graphic, no overabundance of features, no bullS, just a straight-up book a flight right now in 3-4 clicks and you're done start to finish in 30 seconds. LOVE IT. Simple, easy, quick, and when you're booking 12-16 flights a week it's exactly what I want.

Bravada04 Jan 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Sorry, I have to ask.......I mentioned before the app is useless but I just want to make sure I am not missing something?

Right now I have two flights and the ONLY thing that shows up are the flight times under the trips area. I hit the date and the flight times show up. That is it............Is there ANYTHING else that should be showing up or does it improve closer to the flight and how soon.

The old one I could at least see the seat selection; Type of plane; Upgrades etc., etc., Right now there is no use whatsoever to use the app? It does nothing other than tell me the date and flight times. What am I missing here?

I used to be able to bid on upgrades also on the old one - here there is no such option. How is all of this beneficial to Air Canada?

codfather Jan 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Been over a month now and still no Altitude card in the mobile app for iOS users. Not very good...

canadiancow Jan 13, 2020 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31947062)
Been over a month now and still no Altitude card in the mobile app for iOS users. Not very good...

Switch to the better platform ;)

Adam Smith Jan 13, 2020 9:17 pm

So, I had the option to download 5.1.2 or whatever it was a while ago, didn't download it initially, then it went away from the Play Store and just showed me as being up to date with 5.0.3.

Now 5.1.6 is available. I'll download it and see whether anything works better.

painintheuk Jan 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04 (Post 31946830)
Sorry, I have to ask.......I mentioned before the app is useless but I just want to make sure I am not missing something?

Right now I have two flights and the ONLY thing that shows up are the flight times under the trips area. I hit the date and the flight times show up. That is it............Is there ANYTHING else that should be showing up or does it improve closer to the flight and how soon.

The old one I could at least see the seat selection; Type of plane; Upgrades etc., etc., Right now there is no use whatsoever to use the app? It does nothing other than tell me the date and flight times. What am I missing here?

I used to be able to bid on upgrades also on the old one - here there is no such option. How is all of this beneficial to Air Canada?

A screenshot might help...

Is there a 'Flight Status' icon on the bottom? 2nd from the left? That's what I used more this last trip, but there were some other icons as well.

Dr. PITUK

canadiancow Jan 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 31947241)
So, I had the option to download 5.1.2 or whatever it was a while ago, didn't download it initially, then it went away from the Play Store and just showed me as being up to date with 5.0.3.

Now 5.1.6 is available. I'll download it and see whether anything works better.

Huh. I have 5.1.2, and I see the latest as being 5.0.3 :p

YYC traveler Jan 13, 2020 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31947062)

iOS version 5.1.6 was available tonight. Updated and the digital Altitude card is back.

From https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/air-canada/id326459697

What’s New

Version History
Jan 14, 2020 Version 5.1.6
Version 5.1 brings back some favourite features, and includes several enhancements and bug fixes. Thank you for your patience and support.

NEW

• We've reintroduced the Altitude Digital Card. In addition to viewing the card in the 'Aeroplan' tab, your priority contacts are also now available from the 'Customer support' section.

• NEXUS card is back. Save your NEXUS information to your saved traveler profile, and have it automatically added to your check-in to/from the United States.

FIXED

• Resolved an issue which prevented the 'Check-in' button from appearing on the 'Trips' tab. The button should now appear when check-in opens, and disappear once everyone is checked-in or check-in closes.

• Addressed an issue which prevented access to the 'Boarding Pass' directly from 'Trips' for some customers. The boarding pass is now available right from the 'Trips' tab, at the bottom of the screen.

• We also tidied up a bunch of bugs to improve the performance and stability of the app.

IMPROVED

• Improved the reliability of bookings automatically retrieved by Aeroplan. This should resolve the issue of bookings disappearing, and also allows for redemption bookings to be automatically retrieved and saved.

• Customers without a booking saved in the app can now use their Aeroplan number to check in from the 'More' tab. Your booking and boarding pass will be saved automatically after check-in.

Thank you for your feedback and comments on our v5.0 release. Enable automatic updates, or check back often as we update the app regularly with new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.

Do you have a suggestion or idea? Did you see a bug or something that isn't working correctly? You can reach us through the 'Customer support' section on the More tab.

Sopwith Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am

• NEXUS card is back. Save your NEXUS information to your saved traveler profile, and have it automatically added to your check-in to/from the United States.
Does anyone feel secure doing this? I wouldn’t, even if the app worked properly.

YYT82 Jan 14, 2020 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 31947737)
Does anyone feel secure doing this? I wouldn’t, even if the app worked properly.

Aside from the bare minimum like address and phone number, I have nothing else saved with my AC profile. Heck, I don't even trust them to handle that information with care.

Bravada04 Jan 14, 2020 5:39 am

Yes, I do have a flight status icon. When I open that up it says "Upcoming or subscribed flights will automatically appear here with their flight status when the time is right"?

I have two trips on my app - First one departing on Feb.06 and one further out. Should the Feb. 06 one be at least showing?

PB53x11 Jan 14, 2020 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Bravada04 (Post 31948270)
Yes, I do have a flight status icon. When I open that up it says "Upcoming or subscribed flights will automatically appear here with their flight status when the time is right"?

I have two trips on my app - First one departing on Feb.06 and one further out. Should the Feb. 06 one be at least showing?

Way too early. I'm not sure how close to departure it will show, possibly two days before departure.

ridefar Jan 14, 2020 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 31947737)
Does anyone feel secure doing this?

Yes.

Do you have any sort of social media account? Do you online bank? Do you buy anything online? Do ever you use a browser that is not in "incognito" mode? Do you use strong passwords for everything online? Have you ever used an online dating site? Have you ever used Google to search for something? Do you have a smart phone? I could go on. You probably get my point.

Swiftler Jan 14, 2020 7:15 am

Its all in the system. Would you rather show your NEXUS card to the check-in agent every time going to the States?