Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Official Date: Friday, December 13, 2019 (Feeling lucky? )

In keeping with tradition...

71 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1T9

Time:
6:00pm and on...

Reservation under "FlyerTalk"

**********Passenger Information List************

Confirmed
yyznomad (arr. AC266)
fin 645
The Lev
Shareholder

SteadyAT

Maybe:
emma69 (depending on how early it starts / how close to Union, need to head out of the city that evening)
Wings100

RCyyz - may or may not be in YQB or YUL on 13 Dec
vernonc

VDB/IDB (regrets):
canopus27 - in Europe the weekend of Dec 13
Adam Smith - already going to PHX that weekend
chriscol1
songsc - Will be in IST by then.
margarita girl - will be in SEZ

GH
expert7700
Woodland Creature
allbrosca (booked my AQD run to leave that day)
YHztraveller (won't make it back from TPA)
Print Wikipost

2019 Holiday Season - YYZ MiniDO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I'll keep an eye on this ... potentially kicking myself for having bought a TAP oneway Europe to SFO for Dec 12th, but I can always go half way back the next day for this, right?
Originally Posted by jc94
I too am flying out the 14th. Though not to PVG, nor on AC So it'll be T3 for me
Originally Posted by yyznomad
And another courtesy bump...

Paging global happy traveller

December 13, 2019 seems to be more and more promising as this thread glacially advances with the fabric of space-time.
nomadic.relief and jc94
Upthread you both alluded to the possibility of December 13... it looks like this will be the date.
I might take over ownership of this thread and set the time and location.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Saturdays are generally easier for me, but if it's late enough in December, I can easily just work from YYZ for a week, and then every night is easy.
canadiancow

It looks like it is trending towards Friday, December 13... so pretty much mid-December... almost "late" enough.
Besides, Friday evening is pretty much Saturday anyway.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by znke252
Hi All,
First thanks to yyznomad for his contribution of a pile of extra earphones at the last DO (that I was able to attend). I wish I had thought of reaching out to this community years ago. I had posted a query in another tread, but this is probably the more appropriate one. If you have extra earphones that you are able to donate (for use by elementary school students), please bring them to this DO. If I can't make it, I'll arrange for someone else (Global Happy Traveller perhaps) to pick them up for me.

Thanks and hope to see you all there.
Originally Posted by CMK10
Keeping an eye on this.
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
Me too.
can some one pick a day I need to book time off work.
Originally Posted by RCyyz
+1 for 13 Dec 2019.
Originally Posted by fin 645
Yes, can do also.
CMK10 LesDorgo znke252
As it stands, you can assume it will be Friday, December 13.
I hope that works for you.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
CMK10 LesDorgo znke252
As it stands, you can assume it will be Friday, December 13.
I hope that works for you.
I'll be in Europe on the 13th so can I place a "second place" vote for the 20th?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
I might take over ownership of this thread and set the time and location.
Yes please - can we just make a decision?
Friday December 13 looks doable for me currently. But Holiday plans are starting to get booked,..
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
I’m new in this forum in the past few weeks, what is this event? Gathering with FTs? What does miniDO stand for?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
canadiancow

It looks like it is trending towards Friday, December 13... so pretty much mid-December... almost "late" enough.
Besides, Friday evening is pretty much Saturday anyway.
I'm out
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I'm OK with the 13th
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
I’m new in this forum in the past few weeks, what is this event? Gathering with FTs? What does miniDO stand for?
It is an opportunity for mostly local members of the FT community to get together for dinner, drinks and friendly conversation. We occasionally have people from out of town join in the fun.

I think the name is a riff off of FT-wide "MegaDO", which are large multi-day events.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wiki started; official date set to Fri Dec 13

I have started a wiki and have made the official date Friday, December 13, 2019.

Location TBA shortly - in keeping with tradition, it will be in downtown Toronto, most likely near Union Station.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
It is an opportunity for mostly local members of the FT community to get together for dinner, drinks and friendly conversation. We occasionally have people from out of town join in the fun.

I think the name is a riff off of FT-wide "MegaDO", which are large multi-day events.
A Do is basically a get-together in British slang and has become widely used on FT as you note it above. But "mini-Do" and "mega-Do" are both modifications of the base "Do", rather than mini being derived from mega

There's no hard-and-fast rule for what qualifies as a mini-Do vs a regular Do vs other types. Really just depends on the OP and how many people show up. Someone might post a "mini-Do" anticipating that 5-10 people will show up, and if 20 people end up signing up, it might then be a full-fledged "Do". Others have previously posted "nano-Do" or "pico-Do" for Dos that they expected to be really small, but it may have been getting a bit silly at that point

@Flyingbunny88, if you're enjoying your time on FT, you may find it fun to come to a Do and meet some FTers in person. Most of us aren't quite as weird in real life as we appear to be on here Sometimes it's nothing more than a couple of drinks and you never see some of the people again, but some lasting friendships have also been formed out of these things. Certainly has been the case for me and a few other people on here.
Flyingbunny88 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far, it looks like I'm the only attendee of a DO that I didn't even start.

For those who have stated that Dec 13 is doable, please add your name to the attendee list in the wiki. If you can't update the wiki, let me know.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Added myself to wiki. I need to be on that side of the country the following day anyway

//I certainly missed attending the Holiday '18 DO.... The holidays just weren't the same!
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is it bad that there's an SFO do happening the same night?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is it bad that there's an SFO do happening the same night?
No, not at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.