Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can I expect award seats to open up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue

I don't have a lot of experience with domestic award travel. I'm looking for YYZ-YQT round trip, and on a day I know has 70%+ cabin availability (on all 3 flights) AC is showing no rewards. Anyone have experience as to whether they'll open it up closer to the date, or if they'd rather fly empty?

There is a competing and cheaper Porter option, so if AC doesn't release any award seats by D-1 I'll just book Porter.

Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The morning flight on the 4th has 139 seats for sale in Y, and the vast majority in K class. So I'd say chances are quite reasonable, but not guaranteed.
Rykoshet likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Well it's D-1, I guess Air Canada is just gonna be unreasonable then.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
With over 200 seats still available tomorrow it's a shame.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
With over 200 seats still available tomorrow it's a shame.
The decision to release seats is based on some calculus between potentially foregoing a last minute walk-up fare. And the imputed value of the reward.

But if there's really 200 seats available and the turnaround is similarily empty, that's a good candidate to march the passengers over to T3 and buy them tickets on WS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.