Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: eupgrade 1st leg, got 2nd as well, conincidence or typical?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: eupgrade 1st leg, got 2nd as well, conincidence or typical?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

eupgrade 1st leg, got 2nd as well, conincidence or typical?

I flew premium economy this past summer, YVR --> FRA --> NBO; return flight was business.

Both my wife and I have E50, used eUPs to upgrade AC metal flight from YVr to FRA from premium economy (lowest) to J. It cleared for both of us, we copayed $500pp. We had a 3 day stopover in FRA (went to Mosel, very nice). When we arrived back to FRA for flight to NBO (Lufthansa metal) we were upgraded to J again, not charged and I didn't request it, at the check-in counter. Is this luck or fairly standard thing they try and do if you have already upgraded one segment? Does flying back on J have anything to do with it? I have had good luck with PY to J upgrades on these mixed cabin flights recently and I'm trying to get a better understanding of whats going on.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It has nothing to do with your eUpgrade.

They were probably overbooked, and as AC*G, you were just below their own *G for the opup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.