Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Treat Yourself and Earn More Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller

lol, the missus is a FOTSG and she was denied as well.
Ok, but I mean promo is meant for FOTSGs but not all FOTSGs will be given it.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Just registered. No denial for me! AC must have me mixed up with a FOTSG lol
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Got it and registration worked and no status currently or in the past years
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by codfather
Just registered. No denial for me! AC must have me mixed up with a FOTSG lol
Perhaps you are an AC FOTSG?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
would love to hear AC rationale for this targeted promotion, not so much for getting people to travel more, but for how they determined who would be eligible....
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Perhaps you are an AC FOTSG?
I guess that could be the case from their perspective!

Define FOTSG...someone who always just misses getting status? Maybe that is how AC sees it LOL...
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
would love to hear AC rationale for this targeted promotion, not so much for getting people to travel more, but for how they determined who would be eligible....
If I take myself as an example, I never reach status on AQM/AQS as I don't fly that much or that far, however, most of my travels are in Business class and sometimes expensive last minute fares (If I could get status only on AQD I would have have it for the past 3 years) maybe this is the kind of profile they were targeting.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
It must've been very specifically targeted; tried it on 9 family and friends accounts covering SEMM, SE, 75K, 50K, 35K, 2x no status occasional, 2x no status rare flyer... and zilch!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by WestAust
If I take myself as an example, I never reach status on AQM/AQS as I don't fly that much or that far, however, most of my travels are in Business class and sometimes expensive last minute fares (If I could get status only on AQD I would have have it for the past 3 years) maybe this is the kind of profile they were targeting.
Maybe, but my son has 1 paid AC fare in the past 3 years, and that was not really paid (RBC Rewards). He is eligible.

My wife has had a few paid AC fares, including a couple in J in the last year. She is not eligible.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
hmm.. no AC revenue flights in over 6 months here. Here's hoping

Interesting T&C tidbit:
The Bonus Aeroplan Miles for this offer will only be credited to the first passenger with their Aeroplan Number listed (appended) on the reservation. Should this passenger cancel his/her flights, the Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded to the next passenger with their Aeroplan Number listed, which is now the first listed on the reservation
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
hmm.. no AC revenue flights in over 6 months here. Here's hoping

Interesting T&C tidbit:
The Bonus Aeroplan Miles for this offer will only be credited to the first passenger with their Aeroplan Number listed (appended) on the reservation. Should this passenger cancel his/her flights, the Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded to the next passenger with their Aeroplan Number listed, which is now the first listed on the reservation
Wow that would have really pissed off the bovine if we were both eligible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.