Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CBC Article - Mom, daughter kicked off Air Canada plane, not told they're banned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CBC Article - Mom, daughter kicked off Air Canada plane, not told they're banned

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're just not going to get any useful witness if the pax claims are even remotely accurate.
Sure, if you wait 3 weeks to look for witnesses, yeah, it'll already be a little foggy.

But I gotta tell you: if I'm around someone who gets tossed from a plane, I'm going to remember the details. And I'd be happy to help out a reporter. Surely I'm not the only one.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Why bother when the plane is already full of cell phone cameras? Who knows as maybe a video recording this encounter will yet emerge.
I'm trying to imagine what would happen if I'd pull my cell phone and started to record an altercation between the FA and a fellow passenger. Wouldn't I be the next person off the flight?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I'm trying to imagine what would happen if I'd pull my cell phone and started to record an altercation between the FA and a fellow passenger. Wouldn't I be the next person off the flight?
Possibly however how many folks recorded the doctor getting dragged off the UA flight? How many videos are uploaded to YouTube daily with in-flight altercations? A cursory Google search found many so we know it happens.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by canopus27
Also, corporate security Work At The Airport™, so we know they must always be right.
Does corporate security actually work at the airport?

Also how was mom in lav before takeoff? Self-entitled or FA permitted? Crew forgot to lock prior to commencing boarding?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: air miles
Cameras are installed on buses and subway's for a reason, despite the wide spread use of smart phones. I'd suggest it would be in the airline's best interest to have cameras on their aircraft as well. The moral of the story in all these events, at least to me, is that it is unwise to make a stand on principle when on an aircraft. Regardless of how you feel about the amount of power given to airline staff, I'd rather just get to where I'm going.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
"AC" says exactly what the FA told them happened. It's not even AC vs pax, it's one FA vs pax.
Are you suggesting that corporate security and Angela Mah were not on the plane with the pax in question? I bet Calin was present... I mean, it is his homeland
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Originally Posted by tcook052
Possibly however how many folks recorded the doctor getting dragged off the UA flight? How many videos are uploaded to YouTube daily with in-flight altercations? A cursory Google search found many so we know it happens.
That doctor was ordered off the plane by security. He refused. The airline was wrong in how it handled the whole situation. However, I have no sympathy for him. If a FA, security, etc. ordered me off the plane, I’m getting off. I’ll discuss with the airline afterwords. I’m not going to delay the aircraft, passengers, risk getting banned, etc. If the airline does not resolve my situation to my satisfaction, I move my business elsewhere.

Arguing with a FA is a no-win scenario.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AC7E7

That doctor was ordered off the plane by security. He refused. The airline was wrong in how it handled the whole situation. However, I have no sympathy for him. If a FA, security, etc. ordered me off the plane, I’m getting off. I’ll discuss with the airline afterwords. I’m not going to delay the aircraft, passengers, risk getting banned, etc. If the airline does not resolve my situation to my satisfaction, I move my business elsewhere.

Arguing with a FA is a no-win scenario.
What if a FA directs you to sit in 28B, but 28B is already occupied?

Do you comply, or do you say "I can't" ?
KenHamer, tcook052 and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:27 pm
Suspended

I would like to BAN Air Canada from my Airlines that Provides Good Service list as well as Airlines would not Drag Passengers off Plane and Ban them for Life List.. Anyone here have any suggestion? Also, anyone have insights on how to tell Air Canada that they are effectively banned by me?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
There is a multitude of threads on this site about unruly passengers. What we really need is a thread about unruly flight attendants.

Beware of big power in the hands of small people. That's what's really happening here.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Does corporate security actually work at the airport?

Also how was mom in lav before takeoff? Self-entitled or FA permitted? Crew forgot to lock prior to commencing boarding?

Why on earth would you not be allowed to use the toilet before take off and doors are closed ? what is the purpose of this ?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Aeorplan E 75, Marriott Rewards Plat
Also beware of big power in people with small hands.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
What if a FA directs you to sit in 28B, but 28B is already occupied?

Do you comply, or do you say "I can't" ?
If the FA tells me to take my assigned seat I go to that seat. If that seat is occupied then person in my seat gets asked for their BP to confirm whether we both have a claim to the seat (very rare but it happened to me). If the person sitting in my seat claims they wont move because they need to sit with family (or any other reason they wont take their assigned seat), I will hit the FA call button and let them handle the situation.

What appears to have happened is that numerous seat changes occurred on the flight and the 22 year old got into an altercation with the FA because the 22 year old didn't understand that they can't refuse a request of the FA. Further mom and daughter thought they could win a Mexican standoff only to find out that police will be called to get them off the airplane. Finally, Mom and Daughter were probably made aware of the ban but didn't think that AC would actually enforce it. Mom and Daughter then book tickets on Lufthansa which resulted in flying on an AC codeshare FRA-YUL. They go to board at FRA and doc check confirms they are banned from flying on AC.

CBC reporters generally do their homework. That said the consumer affairs reporters will not fact check the poop out of the person's story, nor will they throw the person under the bus.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by diversmanchester
Why on earth would you not be allowed to use the toilet before take off and doors are closed ? what is the purpose of this ?
Depending on aircraft type and electrical configuration, the toilet system (and bathroom lights) is not considered required equipment while on the ground. If the airplane is using ground power the toilette flush system is not activated on some types. On most current wide body aircraft the auxiliary power unit (which is connected to the toilette flush and bathroom lights) is activated while the aircraft is at the gate.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'd seek clarification on the physically impossible, rather then confront a uniform.

But my jam has always been insolence, silent or active, rather then aggressive confrontation.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.