Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insane reward routing - allowed?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Insane reward routing - allowed?

If I were to book a reward flight from Halifax to London, but route the transatlantic portion through VANCOUVER(!!!) - YHZ-YYZ-YVR-LHR-YHZ, would that be allowed??? I know it sounds crazy, but that way I could meet up with my friend on the YVR-LHR flight! Allowed?
Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FMac:
If I were to book a reward flight from Halifax to London, but route the transatlantic portion through VANCOUVER(!!!) - YHZ-YYZ-YVR-LHR-YHZ, would that be allowed??? I know it sounds crazy, but that way I could meet up with my friend on the YVR-LHR flight! Allowed?</font>
The furthest west you can go on a YHZ-LHR is to YYZ. Couldn't your friend get on a YVR-YYZ and meet up with you on the YYZ-LHR segment?
Old Jul 24, 2003, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Yes. He's already booked out of YVR, but it's in paid J, so not a problem I suppose! Thank you for the knowledge.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 8:36 am
ALW

If you can't get an award YYZ-LHR, there's also YOW-LHR, YUL-LHR and even YHZ-LHR, although your friend will probably get the best trip by going through YYZ (both because of the domestic flights and because of the international flights).

andrew
Old Jul 24, 2003, 12:27 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FMac:
Yes. He's already booked out of YVR, but it's in paid J, so not a problem I suppose! Thank you for the knowledge.</font>
Tell him he'll earn 150% Q miles on the YVR-YYZ segment in 'J', that might help you convince him.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Good point!
Old Jul 25, 2003, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Tell him he'll earn 150% Q miles on the YVR-YYZ segment in 'J', that might help you convince him. </font>
Or save yourself the trouble of flying to YYZ and get him to go YVR-YYZ-YHZ and the two of you can board YHZ-LHR together!
Old Jul 25, 2003, 12:56 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

You know, I actually think that YHZ-LHR flight is one to avoid if possible. It's so short so after the initial meal service, it's only an hour or two before they start breakfast again. You can hardly catch any sleep and then you have to start the day in LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.