Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Toronto Skyline will change as Royal York disappears

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto Skyline will change as Royal York disappears

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2003, 7:29 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud Lounger:
The Fairlane was a good economy car from the 60's; the Fairmont was a not so great economy car from the 70's </font>
Heres a scary thought - In Australia, Ford still uses the Fairmont, Fairlane, Falcon tags (instead of Tauris). I am afraid the image of Fairmont Sydney would be one of a cheap motel rented by the hour.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 5:17 pm

I never thought that I would be defending the word 'royal.' But in all truth, the one place where it is most appropriate, is on the top of a historic hotel.

Cure
Being a royal pain in the a**
Old Jul 18, 2003, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The TORONTO STAR is reporting this morning that Fairmont has reconsidered its plans, and will not remove the sign afterall:

"Clearly, our hotel, it's a beloved icon of Toronto and we want to make the right decision, so we are withdrawing the (sign) application so we can review alternatives," said (Fairmont) spokesperson Melanie Coates.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the Faimont read FT?
Old Jul 25, 2003, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The new rendering of the sign in yesterday's STAR shows a reworked "Royal York" under the standard FAIRMONT nametype, so it is a bit of a compromise. Interesing that at first it was claimed the two names could not be combined because they would not fit the space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.