Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in LHR for my connections?YYZ-LHR-NCL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

I am going to be flying from YYZ to NCL(New Castle) via LHR. The YYZ to LHR is on Air Canada prem. economy, then LHR to NCL is on British Airways, this was purchased through Air Canada as one ticket.
I am currently an E75. Are there any lounges that I am able to use while waiting 3 hours in LHR?

On a similar note, I can upgrade to biz on the YYZ to LHR for $900? Is that worth it?
Old May 25, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Commie
I am going to be flying from YYZ to NCL(New Castle) via LHR. The YYZ to LHR is on Air Canada prem. economy, then LHR to NCL is on British Airways, this was purchased through Air Canada as one ticket.
I am currently an E75. Are there any lounges that I am able to use while waiting 3 hours in LHR?

On a similar note, I can upgrade to biz on the YYZ to LHR for $900? Is that worth it?
No lounges. The AC lounge is in T2 departures and you'll be off on a bus to T5. If you are doing the reverse on the way home you can use the AC lounge while waiting for your LHR-YYZ flight.

Whether it is worth $900 is a matter of perspective. Personally I find flights to LHR too short to be worth upgrading; at best you're getting 4h of sleep, and if you are on one of the earlier flights likely even less.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I am going to be flying from YYZ to NCL(New Castle) via LHR.
If you want to appear more like a native, remember it's Newcastle, spoken with the emphasis on castle.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Only you can answer this, but I would suspect like myself, many others here would say that no, it's not worth it.
It's not that much longer than the longest AC transcon so I would personally be fine with PE, IMHO.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Only you can answer this, but I would suspect like myself, many others here would say that no, it's not worth it.
It's not that much longer than the longest AC transcon so I would personally be fine with PE, IMHO.
If that's CAD, I'm a definite yes.

If it's USD, I'm a little more skeptical, but if it's not the 9am-9pm flight, I don't think I could handle a recliner. So I'd likely take it.
5mm likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
If you upgrade to J, you will have access to the Arrivals Lounge (which is in T2, and closes at 2pm) but not to any other lounges at LHR. $900 is not quite a no-brainer for me (which I set at ~100 CAD/hr), but there's a ~50% chance I'd take it.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
recommend Priority Pass Arrivals Lounge

Originally Posted by Santander
If you upgrade to J, you will have access to the Arrivals Lounge (which is in T2, and closes at 2pm) but not to any other lounges at LHR. $900 is not quite a no-brainer for me (which I set at ~100 CAD/hr), but there's a ~50% chance I'd take it.
Or, you can visit the PP Arrivals Lounge next door!
Old May 27, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Or, you can visit the PP Arrivals Lounge next door!
Neither of which I would do and then try and get a bus and security re-clear at T5.

3 hour layover? Probably 1.5 hours once you take in the inevitable delay, transfer and boarding time; just hang out in T5.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If that's CAD, I'm a definite yes.

If it's USD, I'm a little more skeptical, but if it's not the 9am-9pm flight, I don't think I could handle a recliner. So I'd likely take it.
Originally Posted by Santander
So far, N of 3 and it's ~1.5 for nay.
The OP provided zero requirements so we can diddle daddle all year here.
again, everyone has their own criteria.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Academic
If you want to appear more like a native, remember it's Newcastle, spoken with the emphasis on castle.
It's more like Nyurcasssel.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So far, N of 3 and it's ~1.5 for nay.
The OP provided zero requirements so we can diddle daddle all year here.
again, everyone has their own criteria.
Yes, the first question we should ask is if the OP has their only inflatable air mattress.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.