Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Curious schedule YYZ-YEG 2 763s at the same hour

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Was booking flights for a visit to Edmonton in mid-July and I opted for the 10a AC flight (AC175). Curiously, there is also a ROUGE flight at 10a (AC1575). Both show as 763s but the seat maps are different though I could only access the AC flight one after buying and selecting my seat. On the booking process I got a message that the seat chart was not available as it was not an AC flight. Very worrisome. But on the seat selection screen, the AC flight shows the 1-1-1 J cabin, the ROUGE flight preview seat chart shows 2-2-2. The pricing of J is higher for the AC flight rather than the ROUGE. So I can only assume these are different flights/planes to handle a peak travel period and off-set some 738Max flights. Or are the two the same flight? Don't want to have a rude awakening when I upgrade and find myself in ROUGE J instead of an AC J pod!
Old May 13, 2019, 9:33 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Was booking flights for a visit to Edmonton in mid-July and I opted for the 10a AC flight (AC175). Curiously, there is also a ROUGE flight at 10a (AC1575). Both show as 763s but the seat maps are different though I could only access the AC flight one after buying and selecting my seat. On the booking process I got a message that the seat chart was not available as it was not an AC flight. Very worrisome. But on the seat selection screen, the AC flight shows the 1-1-1 J cabin, the ROUGE flight preview seat chart shows 2-2-2. The pricing of J is higher for the AC flight rather than the ROUGE. So I can only assume these are different flights/planes to handle a peak travel period and off-set some 738Max flights. Or are the two the same flight? Don't want to have a rude awakening when I upgrade and find myself in ROUGE J instead of an AC J pod!
Sounds like AC175 will operate as a Rouge flight that day. You will/should receive a 20% discount code on your in Edmonton. For a shorter flight, Rouge J is fine.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by 5mm
Sounds like AC175 will operate as a Rouge flight that day. You will/should receive a 20% discount code on your in Edmonton. For a shorter flight, Rouge J is fine.
Curious about this coupon code...I took the rouged 175 last month and didn't see any opportunity to get the code. I'm on the rouged 175 again next month...how do I get one?
Old May 14, 2019, 7:23 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by asovse1
Curious about this coupon code...I took the rouged 175 last month and didn't see any opportunity to get the code. I'm on the rouged 175 again next month...how do I get one?
First, a Rouge flight will not have a flight number like 175, it will have a 4 digit number. Also, the AC Flught that Rouge replaced should show as cancelled on the airport departure board that day. If your flight was Rouged, AC agents usually hand out these code on the arrive gate. Im 2 for 2 in receiving them on Rouge flights.

if your flight was sold as Rouge, when the flight was usually mainline, I dont think you will get a discount code for these flights.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: AC 35k
Check the schedule carefully. For YYC, AC is running 3x763 (mainline), 3x763 (rouge) and a 789 intermingled with some narrowbodies. You might see a real 767-300ER on the YEG route if you want to avoid Rouge.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Did a bit more checking this morning and it appears the planes both return to YYZ, the AC at 1:10p an d the ROUGE at 1:25p. Definitely booked the AC version and guess it will be a game of roulette to discover what I'll actually be flying that morning. Main issue is that I'd like to use 8 eUpgrade credits if it is a mainline 763 but certainly not if a ROUGE plane. (Booked myself in Comfort, only a few dollars more than Flex, and expecting the promo upgrade chart is extended beyond the end of this month for the reduced levels of credits required.) Both flights are lightly booked at the moment.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Feel free to PM me. I randomly checked a few days in mid-July and the 1000am flights shows as AC165 (1000/1204) definitely a Mainline 767-300 (24J/187Y). There may have been a schedule alignment in progress when you checked.

The Rouge Flights appear to be:
AC1573 @ 0800 (763)
AC1577 @ 2100 (763)
tcook052 and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And the latest timetable seems to agree:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31101481-post775.html
Old May 15, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Feel free to PM me. I randomly checked a few days in mid-July and the 1000am flights shows as AC165 (1000/1204) definitely a Mainline 767-300 (24J/187Y). There may have been a schedule alignment in progress when you checked.

The Rouge Flights appear to be:
AC1573 @ 0800 (763)
AC1577 @ 2100 (763)

Thanks for this ACYYZ/SD, and yyznomad for your link. Guess the timing of my booking overlapped with finalizing the summer skid. (Suppose the people who booked the ROUGE flight will be moved onto the AC flight.)

Was chatting our old friend Craig at the shareholder's meeting last Monday about the logistics of redoing the summer schedule given the Max situation. He's now left Loyalty Marketing and is in Operations. Quite a task juggling planes (AC's and leased) with cabin crews and pilots and their ability to revert to different aircraft types.

Last edited by Shareholder; May 15, 2019 at 6:48 am
Old May 15, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks for this ACYYZ/SD, and yyznomad for your link. Guess the timing of my booking overlapped with finalizing the summer skid. (Suppose the people who booked the ROUGE flight will be moved onto the AC flight.)

Was chatting our old friend Craig at the shareholder's meeting last Monday about the logistics of redoing the summer schedule given the Max situation. He's now left Loyalty Marketing and is in Operations. Quite a task juggling planes (AC's and leased) with cabin crews and pilots and their ability to revert to different aircraft types.
The system timetable has been changing literally every week since the 7M8 groundings. Some routes have been affected much more than others. Expect more changes to come.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Considering 24 aircraft were yanked from service concurrent with the MAX grounding and a further 12 expected to be in service for the Summer peak, while not perfect nor convenient for everybody, operating 94% of the planned schedule is admirable.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Now my flight has vanished...at least on the booking screen

Was checking this flight for next Wednesday. I had confirmed my eUpgrade at the 10-day mark but wanted to see what the J seat map looked like now as there were only three other seats selected. When I went to the app booking screen I couldn't find the 10a YYZ-YEG flight listed at all. (Checking several other days, it has also vanished.) I checked on the full AC website and again, it has vanished. When I checked My Bookings, the flight is still showing as an AC 763 non-stop (and not a Rouge flight as the 10s YYC flight shows on the booking screen, with a connection on a Q400 to YEG).

Using the app on my booking, and requesting the seat map, I get a message that because this is not an AC flight, it cannot be displayed!

So, would this all mean the flight is oversold? (Should I pull my eUpgrade and wait for an opup?) Is AC wet leasing 763s from another airline to offset the 738Max grounding? Any ideas?

As can be seen, no 10a nonstop

But appears not to be operated by AC (or Rouge)

And my booking shows no change (yet)
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
AC 165 is currently showing as canceled.

Lots of room on the Rouge flight earlier, or mainline flight later.

Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, I just did a check on the Flight Status and saw that. No protection booked yet so on the line with AC to rebook on the 12:35p.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And now the 10a is back, this time as a Rouge A321. Glad I changed to the mainline flight last night.

This 738Max replacement roulette is rather amusing to watch/play. In September I have three AA flights that even now show as Max so wonder what fun I'll go through with them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.