Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: reminder that this is the Etihad thread, not Emirates.

Please use the Emirates thread for further discussion of EK-related issues.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Interesting read:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/etih...-availability/

TL;DR - looks like booking through AA has also become a bit weird and unpredictable.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Interesting read:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/etih...-availability/

TL;DR - looks like booking through AA has also become a bit weird and unpredictable.
Interesting, He is (as is everyone in the comments) noting excellent 60 day J availability via AA, VA and even Flying Blue, while crickets with Aeroplan.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 11:23 am

Has anyone had confirmed seats T24 out and had trouble checking in? We cannot check in online but Etihad said we had confirmed seats when we called them.

this thread just has me so nervous
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:37 pm

I'm not seeing any DP's of people successfully calling AC and booking for Etihad J saver over the phone, just want to make sure. I may call them anyway. Seeing saver fare on Etihad's website but of course none on AC. Would love to book with AC instead as I am paranoid about my A380 flight being switched to 787 in 10 months and cancelling and having 100k useless Etihad miles.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gavgrego
I'm not seeing any DP's of people successfully calling AC and booking for Etihad J saver over the phone, just want to make sure. I may call them anyway. Seeing saver fare on Etihad's website but of course none on AC. Would love to book with AC instead as I am paranoid about my A380 flight being switched to 787 in 10 months and cancelling and having 100k useless Etihad miles.
10 months out? unlikely. If the flight shows on AA.com, e.g. within the next 2 months? Possible. Be the data point you want to see. EY website doesn't mean much anymore, sadly.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:13 pm

I mean booking now, then sometime before takeoff it changing to a 787.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gavgrego
I mean booking now, then sometime before takeoff it changing to a 787.
I'm saying, if the flight you want to call in and book is in 10 months, it's highly unlikely to work. If the flight you're calling in to book is in the next 2 months and is showing on AA.com, then it's possible it'll work.

That said, if you book with EY miles, the odds of them accomodating you if there's an equipment swap are astronomically higher than if you're on AC.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm saying, if the flight you want to call in and book is in 10 months, it's highly unlikely to work. If the flight you're calling in to book is in the next 2 months and is showing on AA.com, then it's possible it'll work.

That said, if you book with EY miles, the odds of them accomodating you if there's an equipment swap are astronomically higher than if you're on AC.
Makes sense, sounds like I just need to bite the bullet and transfer to EY. Thank you!
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by tbuff
Has anyone had confirmed seats T24 out and had trouble checking in? We cannot check in online but Etihad said we had confirmed seats when we called them.

this thread just has me so nervous
I wasn't able to OLCI with EY, nor could I get a BP for my EY segment when checking with LH for the outbound, but had no issue getting my BP at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.