Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Case of the Disappearing Priority Tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Case of the Disappearing Priority Tags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:38 am

YYC did that to me pre-covid. YYZ is hit or miss during covid. YQT is generally on top of priority baggage, although when the 25 or so bags normally beat you to the carousel, it doesn't really matter.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:22 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
YUL was a gong show last night, made a tight connection in YYZ from SJO (in J), YYZ-YUL flight was held about 30 minutes for connecting pax and crew so we thought our luggage had a chance to make it. Got to YUL at 2300, luggage area was filled with pax waiting hours for their luggage, the luggage on the belts was not being picked up. Gave up at 130AM, baggage services said some YYZ bags were still outside and that our luggage had made the connection. Said there were only two half-crews servicing the aircraft (don't know if that was for domestic only or whole airport). Might as well tell people to go home at that point.

I thought I would pay good money for a service where the airline delivers the bags in next 1-2 days instead of wasting time at the airport, especially on the return home.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 2:30 pm

I posted about what a mess YYZ was a few weeks ago. My priority bag (and that of another SE) came off on a totally random belt while we were both waiting in the lost luggage line after 3.5 hours...
In comparison, arriving at LHR, my bag was already on the carousel as I exited immigration (and that took all of 3 minutes).
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWgary
That happened to me as often as not, before COVID.
Might have happened once in a while. But on the whole, YYC used to be fairly good. Now YYZ....
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
For the first time in forever, I checked luggage recently
and it came out in the first batch on the carousel... it was YVR...

but then again my STPA recipient said their priority tagged bags were in the middle of the pack at YVR on another recent occasion

all hail DGAFers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.